The Framed thread. They may not be cheesy movies (the worst they can find), but can *you* guess the daily movie in six frames?

I got one!

I remember watching this years ago. Interesting in the first frame all I could think was it had to be a modern movie based on the car’s license plate. PCE is common on plates used in filming at least since the 1980s.

Framed #439
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

5 Likes

Framed #439
:movie_camera: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

5 Likes

Zero doubt after that third frame!

Framed #439
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

5 Likes

Well, well, well. Bunch of people got it in FIRST frame? I say you all lucked out! My first guess was Mank, but then took a stab at the real one in frame two and got it…just because!

4 Likes

Framed #439
:movie_camera: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

lol As if

5 Likes

My first guess was Hail, Caesar!, forgetting that movie is in color. For some reason I remember it as B&W.

5 Likes

Am I crazy or were some of the dailies in B&W in that movie which is not the movie that was the movie for framed?

4 Likes

That was my first guess as well.

5 Likes

I didn’t see this one, not really a fan of The Rock.

Framed #440
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square:

4 Likes

The rare “NHOI, got it in 5” combo. Recognized the characters in 4 by cultural osmosis and guessed the original, picked the sequel out of the list in 5.

Framed #440
:movie_camera: :red_square::red_square::red_square::red_square::green_square::black_large_square:

5 Likes

I never saw it, but got it in 5 thanks to osmosis.

6 Likes

Husband got it. I had no idea.

Framed #440
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

6 Likes

Framed #440

The name carved into the pole made me think of Robin Williams, who was not in this version of the film. Why? I couldn’t tell you. I’m not even sure I saw the original.

5 Likes

Seeing those familiar faces in the last frame finally got it for me:

Framed #440
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square:

4 Likes

Finally able to look at the frames on a laptop screen again…

:+1:

Helped that I’d recently (few months ago) rewatched this one.

Framed #440

6 Likes

Oh, wow, that first frame made it WAY too obvious!

Framed #440

6 Likes

Just barely…

Framed #440
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square:

5 Likes

Huh. A rare miss! :slight_smile:

Framed #440
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square:

4 Likes

Nifty. One I’ve seen—nay, one I own. What up with that?

Framed #441
:movie_camera: :green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

6 Likes

Framed #441

The past 3 games: I went 3, then 3, and now 1 on today’s offering.

I had to pause because I was thinking of the books title (The Orchid Thief)… “Now, what was the movie called again?”

Still waiting for that certain something… my birthday is on Saturday, and I was thinking, wouldn’t it be great if they did Chinatown? That would make me laugh…

and it would be something older, I’m dying for something from the 70s on back. If not Chinatown, how about Bunuel, you could even do a more well-known movie, like Belle de Jour, I’d take that (L’Age d’Or would be better, more off the beaten path. Course, I’ll probably get Top Gun: Maverick, at which point I’ll find a way to post that middle finger emoji that they have, but won’t allow us to use

7 Likes