The Framed thread. They may not be cheesy movies (the worst they can find), but can *you* guess the daily movie in six frames?

Oh. OK.

Framed #442

:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square:

But, about #441, the best commentary I can add is that the movie added the phrase dingle-dangle (I think is what Meryl Streep’s character called the eyeglass straps the orchid guy wore…not really in the mood to watch again just to get the exact phrase…but that’s what I call them now, right or wrong) to my vocabulary.

3 Likes

Very impressive considering I’ve never even seen a trailer for it.

Framed #442
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

3 Likes

Read the book, but never seen the movie?

Apparently didn’t see enough trailers for it to be recognizable by osmosis either?

Framed #442
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square:

3 Likes

Framed #442
:movie_camera: :red_square: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

“Oh, my sh-t!” <–my own surprise at getting this which I have never and would never see

I never said I was good at swearing.

6 Likes

That was…not a good adaptation of the book.

Framed #442
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square:

3 Likes

Thank you Frame 6!

Framed #442
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square:

2 Likes

Suspected what it was at 3, knew for sure at 4. God bless James Hong.

3 Likes

It’s all in the reflexes.

Framed #443
:movie_camera: :green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:

5 Likes

Y’all are going to love this one. And while it’s not Chinatown, :wink: L.A. style, it is set in Chinatown, San Fransisco

Framed #443
:movie_camera: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

4 Likes

I play Framed occasionally - today was my first “hole in one”.

4 Likes

Brain bubble on that first frame, but the second frame was clear as day.

Framed #443
:movie_camera: :red_square: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

4 Likes

I am really ashamed I didn’t go with my gut on the first frame.

Truly, I didn’t think they’d actually put a rad movie up that wasn’t made in the past ten or twenty years! Sure, they have in the past, but I didn’t think it was possible!

Every frame: “Naw, it can’t be! This is some obscure kid movie I never heard of. Some reboot or something! They wouldn’t!”

Framed #443
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

3 Likes

I think I saw this once a long time ago and didn’t really care for it, so not a bad guess.

Framed #443

3 Likes

Educated guess worked!

Framed #443
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square: :black_large_square:

3 Likes

Framed #443
:movie_camera: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

It’s all in the reflexes.

Update: Dammit, @MichaelRobertson.

3 Likes

Framed #443

4 Likes

I thought the opening frame was from an animated film, and I was totally lost after that until I saw the girl in the woods and, “Oh, it’s that Japanese ‘before’ Hunger Games thing that I wasn’t that hot for but everyone else liked” - lol

Framed #444

4 Likes

Never saw the movie, but I fell asleep at the helm at Frame #2 and should have been able to guess it there. Frame #3 made for an easy enough guess.

Framed #444
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square: :black_large_square:

3 Likes

OK. I might have even seen this, not that my memory in certain states of mind is that great… Took me a while to remember what it was called.

It is not, however, called The Lighthouse, which was my conviction on seeing Frame 1. But even though I haven’t seen that one yet (probably will sometime), I’m pretty sure it has a lighthouse in it!

Framed #444
:movie_camera: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :red_square: :green_square: :black_large_square:

3 Likes

NHOI

4 Likes