The Good and the Beautiful

You know, Captain, every year of my life, I grow more and more convinced that the wisest and best is to fix our attention on the good and the beautiful…

In the episode featuring the above quote, Mike and Servo take a moment to discuss what may represent the perfect balance of the good and the beautiful. They land on Tawny Kitaen and a plate of sauerbraten.

Fellow MSTies, what do you consider to be your perfect balance of the good and the beautiful? For me, many years ago I chose Sendhil Ramamurthy and a bowl of raspberry sorbet. More recently, I may be induced to consider Gemma Chan and a loaf of rye bread. Share your own, won’t you?

NB: Please respect others’ goods and beautifuls. This is just for funsies.

7 Likes

Ice cream (good), a book (good), music (beautiful) and a lovely view (beautiful). Like this maybe:

4 Likes

Oh, so many possibilities. How about: slipping into a car that’s been warming in the sun on a cold day (good), quiet time spent with a special someone (beautiful).

4 Likes

The good and the beautiful is snuggles with my pretty cat

6 Likes

is the cat doing the same pose as you are in your pic?

2 Likes

Where do you think I learned it?

2 Likes

Eating Chinese food with Cate Blanchett would fit the bill for me.

(and physical beauty isn’t the only beauty there is, she also has a pretty miiiiind, so yeah, I’m going with that combination, my favorite food, my favorite actress)

4 Likes

Perhaps we should fix our attention on the Mork and the Mindy. (you decide which is which)

3 Likes

Thick-cut bacon and piping hot coffee eaten on the porch on a sunny summer morning when I have nowhere to be (good) and laughing with my best friends until we can’t breathe (beautiful).
Or, a less sappy version :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:: crafted brewed milk stout (good) and Paul Rudd (beautiful)

3 Likes