The GPC head connundrum

Seeing the adorable mini-GPC in this week’s episode got me thinking. Are the two GPCs connected at opposite ends of the umbilicus, like the mythological amphisbaena? Or do they branch off of a central umbilicus? If so, does that mean we’re looking at two heads of massive GPC hydra? If so, how much of the moon’s surface does she control? Should the Mads be scared? Should we be scared? What if all we see is a few tentacles of a massive GPCthulhu?!

I’m currently suffering with the dreaded c-word and this is the kind of thing my diseased brain is fixating on.

11 Likes

IT’S OPPOSITE HUMAN CENTIPEDE!

GPCENTIPEDE!

5 Likes

Cantaloupe?

4 Likes

Hope you get better soon, @Dr_Phantom. I’m getting (not serious) surgery next week and we thought my wife might have had it today. Thankfully she didn’t because that would likely put off my surgery for a month or two.

4 Likes

Oops, I think I may have missed some context here. If that is the case, I certainly did not mean to make light of a very serious situation, Dr_P, and I wish you all the best.

Cantaloupe, however, is a dreadful word, what with the superfluous ‘u’ and all.

4 Likes

Speediest of recoveries to ya, @Dr_Phantom, and all the best.

5 Likes

Thanks, everyone. I should probably point out that it’s covid and not the other, more serious c-word. For me it’s not too bad, but my wife got it first and has to hand in her PhD thesis this week after many, many pandemic-related delays. Naturally the disease itself had to make a personal appearance right at the end, and unfortuntely we’re all out of reanimated mastodons to gore it.

9 Likes

Not with that attitude.

7 Likes

I hope the dreaded COVID is not too harsh with you and your family, and that you do not have lingering long COVID symptoms.

As for the topic at hand: Correct me if I’m wrong on this, but…

GPC (with the big head that lowers from the ceiling) is on the Satellite of Love with Jonah’s crew. Played by Rebecca.

GPC-2 is the smaller, more portable version (who comes up from the floor) rebuilt by Emily on the Simulator of Love. Played by Yvonne.

The two are not directly connected.

4 Likes

Au contraire! (Though, knowing this is dependent on having seen a specific live tour.) :slight_smile:

The Cheesy Movie Circus Tour gave GPC an origin story in which she shed the original Gypsy like a reptile’s skin to become more compact. GPC later referred to her earlier self as her “sad dragon phase.” [4]

4 Likes

I’m just glad we didn’t see GPC turn into GPC-2 like in the live show because that was kind of disturbing. GPC-2 sort of burst out of GPC like GPC got hit with a facehugger.

3 Likes

I had seen that before. But that’s the tour.

I won’t quibble over it. There’s no point in having an argument. This is one that, IMO, does fall under “Just relax.”

But my take/understanding is from GPC-2’s introduction this season. Emily said she rebuilt GPC into this more portable version. So that’s the canon for me.

More to the point, the SatOL and the SimOL (do we have a better way of distinguishing those?) have separate sets of bots who are not connected to each other other than video chat. GPC lives on the SatOL and GPC-2 is on the SimOL. I don’t think there’s a full-sized GPC on the SimOL anymore.

4 Likes

Yeah, well, we had a few sitting around for ages, just sitting there taking up space. So we used them on frivolous things like fighting stop-motion robot scorpions. Now we can’t get any more because we think the museum’s realised that every time we visit one of their displays walks out with us.

Good luck with the surgery. Hopefully you’ll stay covid-free until then.

4 Likes

Thanks, much appreciated!

EDIT: Same with you @optiMSTie!

5 Likes

All the best to you and yours out there as well.

4 Likes

We’ve had a myriad of Toms several times in the past. I would loooooove to see a whole tangle of GPC2s!

4 Likes

Now I have a mental image of a giant GPC head rising over the horizon, opening her mouth, and releasing a swarm of little GPCs.

3 Likes

GASP! communism?

1 Like