The Great Cheesy Movie Circus Tour...Movie

Please oh please add the movie of this tour to the new upcoming movies…it was soooo funny seeing it live and tons of other MSTies missed it and would be a shame to never hear this great script again!

5 Likes

Do you speak of No Retreat, No Surrender or Circus of Horrors?

2 Likes

I didn’t post this thread, but I just wanted to say, I was beyond lucky enough to catch No Retreat, No Surrender as part of that MST3K Live Tour.

But I’d love to catch Circus of Horrors! It sounds like that would have the feel and flavor of a Season 8 episode.

7 Likes

I think Circus of Horrors was the one I saw a couple years back. It was definitely A Lot. But so good for a mstie movie! We loved it

5 Likes

Oh, excellent! So glad that you all enjoyed Circus of Horrors! :smiley:

2 Likes

The last 10 minutes of Circus of Horrors were a wonderful chaotic ride. So great.

3 Likes

They did No retreat, no Surrender? I kinda wish riffers wouldn’t double up on films. This was riffed by Rifftrax already. Now, there is something to be said for some re-riffs, but I think it is better for everyone if we don’t end up with another Ator situation. It was ripe material, but I think the MST3K riff suffered from being second. It is probably my least favorite of the Netflix shows.

I think of MST3K as the patriarch of the extended riffing family, and they should be above this sort of thing. They are the gold standard, but it isn’t good for parents to step on their childrens’ heels.

3 Likes

No Retreat was insanely funny and to see Joel doing it with brilliant writing is literally one of my best memories in life. Basically watching a new Joel episode after so many years, and it being really good to boot, gave everyone there joy🙂

5 Likes

Ok, that works for me then. Thank you for reminding me that the point is entertainment. You rock!

I have really enjoyed some re-riffs; Rifftrax’s Giant Spider Invasion is amazing!

5 Likes

We were fortunate enough to catch the No Retreat No Surrender show.

My God, it was a dream come true

3 Likes

I saw Circus of Horrors in Baltimore last tour. It was neat.

2 Likes

Hold on, I was just looking through the old posts, did The Great Cheesy Movie Tour really end under its own power mere DAYS before the world would’ve shut it down for them?

1 Like

Sounds like Alternaversal isn’t just a name but a description of their unworldly powers.

3 Likes

Yes it did. An irony Joel outed himself not long after.

Yeah, I was either at the last show or one of the very last shows. The guy sitting next to me was masked up, so people were becoming aware of Covid.

1 Like

Nowthatyamentionit, that might have been the last cool thing we did before lockdown🤔 I’ll have to find the ticket stub…

1 Like

Looking back through my FB posts, and yep, we were at the Cheesy Movie Circus Tour Feb 16 2020. The world shut down a month later.

2 Likes

angry fox GIF by Family Guy

1 Like

That’s wild! It must have been the last fun thing we did other than go to a restaurant. I want to say March 12th or 15th was when my job shut down and my wife started working from home.

2 Likes

The museum where I work shuttered March 13 (and yes that was a Friday …)

3 Likes