The Ink & Paint Club

I just looked through and didn’t notice a specific thread for showing off drawings or paintings, so I thought I’d throw one up. (Apologies if there is one and I missed it!)

If you paint or draw, please share some of your work!

I don’t paint, but my wife does. This is one of the pieces she’s working on right now:

She’s got a ton of others that I like a lot, too.

21 Likes

I’m pretty terrible with paint, but ink’s okay.

doodle01

doodle02

Participated in last year’s Inktober (couldn’t do this year’s, unfortunately):

Wisp

Teeth

Sleep

16 Likes

These are really good!

I used to draw more, but haven’t in a long time.

1 Like

Hey, I found one of my painted ornaments!

Well, my wife found it while she was decorating.

This is one of my pieces:

He’s about 4”x6”

9 Likes

Sure I’ve got a few drawings and paintings. What I don’t have are good photos of the old stuff…

it started off with realistic stuff – I majored in drawing/painting and my painting prof would bring in fabric and skulls and stuffed birds and weird little statues and whatnot

and then we had live models

then it got weird

they gave me a degree for that, so yay! Now I mostly do sculpture/mixed media but I dabble in painting/collage

“bones” seems to be the unifying theme.

18 Likes

Man, that’s really cool!

My wife has followed a kinda similar trajectory as far as drawing → painting → mixed media/collage, and bones and skulls feature heavily in a lot of her work too.

She is almost exclusively acrylic paints…it looks like you do more with oils?

She’s got tons more, but this is the best stuff I have on my phone.

15 Likes

I love these! I did oil painting in college, and a few years after, but these days when I paint I do acrylics. I didn’t like having to use paint thinner (they make “alternatives” to turpentine but they’re all gross and smelly). I’m also impatient and don’t like waiting for things to dry. It makes soft blends more difficult but if I mess up I just wait twenty minutes and try again :smile:

4 Likes

I like to dabble

12 Likes

EDIT: I feel like I killed this thread.

10 Likes

Your blurry enticements won’t trick me to click, oh low temperatured one. My eyes shall remain pure!

Oh, no! I kept reading the thread!
:see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Messing around:

11 Likes

The only thing in my laptop is this quick sketch done with a ball point pen, of this girl I knew, a fellow musician, and we were going to work together on a project (hence the title at the top)

It’s not much, but it’s all I have

collette-2-2

That’s a little difficult to see, let’s try and darken it up…

collette-2-2 (2)

Eh

11 Likes

I draw all right. I draw comics and children’s picture books!

I draw an Old West comic strip called Poison Ivy Gulch.

I am hoping to put out my first book collection this year. And speaking of books…my second children’s book, Hilda & Richie’s Wizard, is over on Kickstarter. It is the sequel to last year’s Hilda & Richie.

The characters are a pair of foxes living in the fictional country of Foxland, having various fun adventures. I am planning a third book next year titled Hilda & Richie’s Sandwich!

In case anyone is interested:

7 Likes

Did a quick fanart during my replay of Fallout. Like, super quick. But I think it turned out real neat!

11 Likes

Very cool work!

2 Likes

I used to do pen and ink quite frequently, but about 10 years ago I started losing sensation in my fingers especially on my left hand, and gripping a pen for any length of time makes the situation 10x worse, so now I only draw or sketch when I’m extremely bored or on special occasions when a friend asks me for a favor.

Below are the last batch of illustrations I did which were primarily anthropomorphic animals.

I’ve also tried my hands at oils, acrylics, and a bunch of other medium over the years, but I’ve mostly given it up in favor of 3D modeling and printing, which is easier on the hands, and probably just as well since I don’t have the wall space to put anything else up.

19 Likes

I love the ferret :3 I really, really do

1 Like

I’ve been using video games to do photo editing practice and I thought this one came out pretty swell

14 Likes

This is some of my wife’s work. We’re taking some of this to show in Grand Rapids in the fall.

16 Likes

I’ve posted the occasional Photoshop collage here before, and the page link is in my profile if anyone wants to check them out en masse.

Lately, I’ve been thinking how nice it’d be to incorporate hand drawings into them. But if I start drawing again, it’ll just be a spontaneous thing rather than trying to mold myself to how-tos and anatomical guides and such like I once did. I enjoy reading them, but they were never compatible with how my brain wanted my hands to work and I’d just end up miserable and frustrated.

Drawing on the computer pad, alas, is also frustrating. My work space is very small and it’s just plain impossible to get the pad at the angle and level it needs to work properly-- for anything other than moving tools and components around of course.

4 Likes