The Internet-Mustache Convergence Theorem

2 Likes

He wasnā€™t always so careful to maintain his facial hair ā€” witness his Mission: Impossible look:

2 Likes

4 Likes

I had that Little Professor calculator. Its mustache was glorious, and thatā€™s how I knew its calculations were correct!

4 Likes

pikachu_1.0

4 Likes

The company has bitten the dust, unfortunately.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Sam Elliott is also sans facial hair in potential MST3K target Frogs.

3 Likes

Iā€™m just here to say I had one of these as a kid.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Seriously, weā€™re this far into this thread without a Magnum PI image.

Whew! Fixed that, then.

5 Likes

mst3k507iaccusejoel

I mean, itā€™s wisp-thin, but it IS there.

4 Likes

Where did you find this photo of me?

1 Like

I also had a Little Professor. But I remember it as some sort of math-teaching-game-device, not as a normal calculator. Maybe it did both and I was just too dumb to know?

1 Like

I donā€™t >>choking sounds<< recallā€¦ noā€¦ nnnngh! Itā€¦ wasā€¦ a Googleā€¦ search >>neck snapping sounds<<>>thud<<

ā€¦ and scene.

4 Likes

Correct. There were various ā€˜gamesā€™ you could play that taught addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division. It was the math version of a Speak and Spell.

And apparently, they still make them!
https://www.amazon.com/Texas-Instruments-LPROFSOLAR-Professor-Calculator/dp/B005EQ8DTA/ref=sr_1_1?crid=LUPQHX19RYY8&keywords=Little+Professor&qid=1653444664&sprefix=little+professor%2Caps%2C208&sr=8-1

1 Like

The University of Minnesota, in cooperation with the Peter Graves Appreciation & Preservation Society of North America, is proud to present these photographic examples from the multimedia extravaganza, Peter Graves: The Furry Phase, scheduled to tour select US and Canadian cities in the spring of 2023.

For more information, please consult a website near you.

4 Likes

Alright, Iā€™m forming a theory here.

Carcinization - every animal becomes crabs
Dendronization - every plant becomes trees
Robotinization - every robot becomes Tom Servo
Moustachinization - everything on the internet becomes moustached.

Will add more as I collect more evidence.

2 Likes

Uh, I meanā€¦

2 Likes

2 Likes