The K03 Recreation Project

So, Another MSTie’s Treasure is kinda taking a backseat right now. And really, I want to work on this one more anyway because I think it will be much more fun.

The basic goal of this is to recreate the lost episode of Mystery Science Theater 3000. We already have scripted out the lost host segments, and the plan is to riff the movie without any script. Y’know, to stay true to how the early KTMA episodes were made. As of now, we just need voice actors, an actor for Joel, and recreations of the KTMA robots. This is a big project, and I don’t expect it to get done anytime soon. I’m just curious to see if there’s anyone here who’s interested in helping to complete this. I feel like this would fill in a gap for many fans who have always wondered what K03 was like. And while it’s not the same as the actual episode, my hope is that it at least comes close to replicating the KTMA feel. What do you think, sirs?

14 Likes

I’d definitely be up for it. I’ve done my own entry on Rifftrax for David Lynch’s Dune which I pretty much made up as I went.

4 Likes

Sounds good! Do you have a specific role you want to play?

3 Likes

My voice is best suited for Crow.

3 Likes

The Google doc says “…let us know over on the Satellite of Love Discord server!” but there isn’t an invite link. Would it be possible to add one?

2 Likes

Oh yeah, sure! I originally just shared it with the Discord server. But now that I’m sharing the project here, I’ll add the link.

2 Likes

Good to know. I’m currently looking for voice auditions. I’m already gonna be voicing Gypsy (or Gypsum, as she’s referred to in this episode). So, if you can do a good Crow voice, just record an audition and send it over. You can just upload it on Drive (or whatever file hosting site you prefer) and message it to me.

2 Likes

I didn’t even know this existed. It’s a great idea

7 Likes

Alright, I’ve now updated the doc to include a link to the Discord server, as well as a little section explaining what we’re currently looking for. Right now, we need actors. So, if you can play a good Joel or Servo, please send in an audition.

2 Likes

I really don’t think I can contribute anything to this, other than my fascination with how it turns out.

6 Likes

Is the script a brand new thing you wrote or is it a transcription of the secret bootleg recording?

2 Likes

Yes, it’s from the secret bootleg recording. And no, I’m not uploading it anywhere! >:)

Nah, just kidding. This is a brand new script written by me and another Discord user. Their contributions are much funnier than mine.

4 Likes

I own the baby seat that was used for Gypsy, and the crown bowling pins used on Servo and Crow. I will gladly help out once the time comes!

3 Likes

just another bump. We’re still looking for voice auditions. We’ve had one really good one for Crow so far, but we could definitely still use more. So, if you’re interested, don’t forget to send one in.

Also, Cambot will have a voice in the episode too, but it will just be for one line. I’ll try to voice him in my most Kevin Murphy sounding voice lmao.

4 Likes

I’m in the final stages of a gypsum build. Should be done in the next couple of days!

4 Likes

Since this is work for the project, thought I’d make an update. I’m currently in the process of making molds of all the parts that will need to be cast. This is very monumental, because as far as I know these may be the first new molds made of these parts in quite some time.

5 Likes

Great job! You are right about the molds. It’s been some time since any new molds have been out! Looking good Chris!

4 Likes

You’ll have to choose between Servo’s Roosevelt Franklin voice or his Pee Wee Herman voice.

2 Likes

That decision has already been made. Since this would have been early in the KTMA season, we’re going with the higher pitched Kermit the Frog sounding voice for Servo. And I’ve already found someone that can replicate his voice pretty well. We still need a voice for Crow and someone to play Joel. So, if you want to try your hand at one of these characters, feel free to send some auditions my way.

4 Likes

Minor update for the project - more bot parts have been acquired! only items left to find now are the hockey mask for Crow, and Tom’s hands. Then on to making the larger molds!

5 Likes