The Kids in the Hall

Apologies if anyone’s started a thread on the same subject, but I reckon a Venn Diagram of MSTies and TKITH fans would have quite an overlap.
And, in case you missed the news, The Kids have been creating and recording new material, although everything was a bit disrupted by the pandemic.
Their show got broadcast at some ungodly hour in the UK and I became a fan back in the day. I am equally excited and nervous about what their new material will be like.

26 Likes

Huge fan here—can’t wait to see the new stuff.

6 Likes

You’re not allowed to see the new stuff unless you’re REALLY into the Doors. And you can crush heads remotely, of course.

8 Likes

Awesome! I didn’t know they were doing new things. I do know three of them appeared on an episode of the PBS kids’ series “Odd Squad” which was fun. I have many memories of watching KiTH after MST3K on Comedy Central. Sometimes the final sketches in the shows where they got artsy were weird…

6 Likes

We love The Kids In The Hall in our household…Gavin, salty ham, Chicken Lady, the Sizzler Sisters…and oh so much more.

I recently finished reading their biography The Kids In The Hall: One Dumb Guy which I highly recommend to anyone that is a fan. Parts of it were surprisingly poignant and they seem like they really are a band of brothers.

10 Likes

Love the KITH. In 2010 they did a 8 episode series called Death Comes to Town that was good. Looking forward any new material they do.

10 Likes

Huge fan of the Kids and looking forward to any new stuff. Collected their live concert films in the interim. Some favorite skits include The Beard, Sausages, and The Car.

8 Likes

I don’t have nearly the collection of nifty merch & memorabilia I’ve seen others posting and discussing, but I do have a few shiny things I treasure … this one hangs on the “comedy wall” in my office.

5 Likes

I was late to their party because we didn’t subscribe to HBO back then. But I love their stuff and have the complete (original) series DVD set.

2 Likes

I love TKITH! Been a fan since their original broadcasts. I think you’re very right about the overlapping Venn diagram. Their theme song turned me on to the band that made it – Shadowy Men On a Shadowy Planet.

5 Likes

Great album.

4 Likes

Great show- definitely holds up on revisits!

4 Likes

I am very excited about the new stuff and can’t wait. Dave Foley has been posting some ‘teaser’ pics on Twitter of characters he’s doing…

4 Likes

Definitely a fan. Had all the episodes on tape at one point and I transcribed more than a few episodes for the now defunct KithFan.org.

2 Likes

Every once in a while, I like to watch this sketch. Makes me laugh out loud every time.

11 Likes

KITH was injected into my dna by 1990s Comedy Central just like MST3K was. my body rejected Bill Maher.

kids-in-the-hall-evil

11 Likes

That’s a good point! Those two for sure plus Daily Show (even with Craiggers) and Ben Stein’s Money. I largely bounced off of South Park (heresy!) and I bet I could repeat verbatim a bunch of ads for shows like Viva Variety… back then I was in house full of tech consultants in a corporate-owned townhouse… we were all in our 20s and that channel was on 24-7. Thank god we had a house-keeping service!

5 Likes

how could i forget the Daily Show! and early '90s SNL. i don’t remember Viva Variety, but I remember that Andy Kindler likes long walks on the beach, short walks on the beach, other activities that are beach-oriented…

and that evil is under the melon-stained tarps of a Gallagher show

(i’ve resisted the urge to post the Tube Tops song here out of respect for Garth_Vader and their thread)

3 Likes

No one remembers it. It fell into the memory hole. I loved it though. I think I have some low-fi digital copies of the show around somewhere taken from VHS tapes. I doubt I’ll ever see it in good quality.

Another Comedy Central show I would love to see again is Night After Night With Alan Havey, their very laid-back talk show which had a single audience member each night.

Also, The Higgins Boys and Gruber. Joel Hodgson and Jim Mallon even made an appearance as did… The Kids in the Hall!

8 Likes

Speaking of Night After Night With Alan Havey, look what turned up when I checked YouTube for clips!

8 Likes