The Kids in the Hall

And let’s bring this thing full circle!

5 Likes

Love Kids in the Hall!! Super excited for the new stuff!!

2 Likes

I enjoyed KITH a lot. When I made a compilation of my favorite sketches, I realized that the vast majority of my favorites were the ones with Dave and Kevin.
The one where Dave plays a space alien who blows up the Earth and is called into Kevin’s office is a particular favorite. The deconstruction of “Who’s on First” is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen, and that isn’t hyperbole. I think it took me about ten minutes to stop laughing after Dave’s big line.

4 Likes

Another Comedy Central favorite I still love is Dr. Katz. They had a reunion livestream thing not too long ago. I think I’d bought a ticket, but totally spaced on it and missed it, so there was no way for me to view it later. Thank goodness The Mads don’t have so short a limitation, otherwise, I’d probably miss those too. :stuck_out_tongue: I think any of the MST3K crew would’ve been a great fit on Dr. Katz, Home Movies, Word Girl, or any of the other series from that company.

4 Likes

Which concert videos? I know there was Tour of Duty, which was partly behind the scenes. If there’s video of the tours I’d love to get them! Especially since each one would include new material, and you could tell their animosity was melting away. Went to every one since 2000!

2 Likes

Same Guys, New Dresses is a doc that follows their 2000 tour. It’s not a straight shoot of a show but has a lot of backgrounding happening. Good stuff.

3 Likes

I wished they had filmed the Louisville Palace show on that tour as it featured two great out-of-character moments.

The first was a Simon and Hecubus sketch that got interrupted by a guy in the center front row with perfect hair standing up and leaving to get a drink. When the man returned, Kevin bolted from the table on stage and began giggling while lustfully running his fingers through the guy’s hair.

At that point, Dave stood up from behind the table and stared at Kevin, who slowly stops giggling.

Then Dave begins giggling and ran over to run his fingers through the guy’s hair as well. They stopped, stood up and slowly stopped giggling in disgust as they realized they had hair gel all over their hands. Kevin concluded by stating they had gotten Satan out of the man’s hair.

The other came in the final sketch for the night, the Reg sketch, featuring all of them.

Early on, the audience began giggling before the sketch had really begun. Scott tried to cover by laughing himself, but Dave stopped the sketch cold by shaking his head and soberly saying, “No, no, no. This isn’t the funny part.”

The sketch then descended into everyone saying their lines in thicker and thicker stereotypical Southern accents as they went along.

Would love to see video of all that. It was a great night.

6 Likes

Stumbled across this today, didn’t know there was also a comic book. Plotted by Scott Thompson and starring his Danny Husk character.

Husk

5 Likes

Not knowing it was a thing, I wound up in a promo for it at SDCC.

I was with my friend outside the convention center, and interrupted our conversation:
“That’s Scott Thompson! But he’s in boxers, tank top… that moustache… THAT’S DANNY HUSK!”

He cut into the convention center lobby, so I did too. Had to see what was going on. In my rush I pushed out into an area that had apparently been cleared for the bit of him looking around. Then i saw several cameras. Then Scott saw me, and luckily froze in character.

“Excuse me, MR. Husk?”
“What’s that?”
“Danny Husk? AT&Love? We met at the Japan conference.”
From there he ran with it. I don’t know if he thought I was a plant, or just a fan, or what, but we wound up building out a scene for at least three minutes before we both saw the camera guys indicating it was done. We wrapped up then he shot back off into the crowd.

9 Likes

I got to see Scott Thompson do stand-up after a really unpleasant airplane ride took him to an airport hours away from the gig and he had to be rescued by fans who drove him all the way there and the whole routine was about that. It was one of the funniest things I ever saw.

6 Likes

Have any of you heard the album Bruce McCulloch put out soon after Kids in the Hall was cancelled? It’s worth tracking. It has some re-reads of KITH sketches as monologues and plenty of original material too.

6 Likes

I sing “Drunk Babies” to my cat sometimes when she’s crashing from catnip.

4 Likes

I spent so much time in high school and college watching KITH reruns on Comedy Central! One of the best shows I ever went to was their show in St. Louis in 2008. I currently don’t have Amazon Prime, but am considering subscribing whenever new episodes come out (or, at the very least, getting a password from my brother).

2 Likes

Brain Candy, anyone?

7 Likes

Who can forget a classic hit like, “Cross-Country Trucker (Naked, Burly, and Free!)”

3 Likes

“Your liver will explode and your brain will swim in bile and … goblins will feast on your buttocks. Your gums will become diseased and ulcerous, and you teeth shall turn to glue. GLUE!”

5 Likes

I had a song randomly swim through my head this morning:

Skoora
Skoora
Skoora the gentle shark.

Skoora
Skoora
He’s a killer with a broken heart.

3 Likes

I remember this on UK TV back in 1994. I was on a training course and another guy there dug it too
Funnily enough last week a female friend on FB said she had a chicken brain and of course I posted a couple of links to Chicken Lady youtube clips on her wall!

3 Likes

I got to meet Scott Thompson at a con once. He’s as funny and charming in person as you would imagine and he told my little group a story about how he almost died as a teenager. Fun!

1 Like

Office = Submarine!

1 Like