The Kids in the Hall

No kidding! Had no idea.

I still remember from time to time these guys: very funny stuff back in the day.

Ditto Dr. Katz as mentioned above. Had no idea they did a reunion, however brief.

I didn’t even know the whole gang was still, you know, “in the business of show.”

Great stuff!

There was also a reunion of four of them on the Lilo & Stitch cartoon series on Disney.

Kevin McDonald plays the one-eyed alien Pleakley in the original film and series, and in one episode of the series Pleakley’s family came to Earth to visit, and all of his family members were voiced by fellow Kids. I think Bruce was the only one not in that mini reunion.

And count me in as another MST/Kids fan. I have the entire original KitH series plus Death Comes to Town on DVD. I’ve been meaning to rewatch the original series again, and somehow I still haven’t watched DCtT yet!

1 Like

Following on from my first post in this topic, here’s Robby Krieger’s reaction to the “Into the Doors” sketch. Thankfully, he has a sense of humour.

5 Likes

I recently started rewatching the series. I loved it as a kid even though I was like seven. MST3K and KITH was the only thing I would watch on Comedy Central.

2 Likes

‘You know what this is? It’s some guy’s urine. I don’t know what to do with it. I ask for it; they give it to me!’

2 Likes

I remember that MST3K the Movie and KITH Brain Candy were running in limited release theaters at the same time, and how desperately I wanted to see both, but I still didn’t have my driver’s license or much disposable income. Alas, both had to wait until home video.

2 Likes

Such a brilliant movie! I finally tracked down a DVD a few years ago so I could stick it on my Plex server. Always look for the real party :slight_smile:

Kids in the Hall are coming back on Prime Video. There was a CBC interview yesterday. Kids in the Hall back on TV after nearly 30 years - YouTube

1 Like

I’m so looking forward to this! Got my Firestick all set up and everything

It"s tomorrow right?

30 Helen’s Agree!!
Kids In The Hall Nod GIF by CBC

3 Likes

NOT ANY MORE!!! :sunglasses:

I did wonder if it would be available on Amazon UK as well as the USA version. No more worries - it is here!

2 Likes

Ok, who else here cried when THAT guitar started up?

3 Likes

Just seen the “Friends of Mark” sketch. Thankfully, scientific advances in the intervening years have not yet cured whatever’s going haywire in the Kids’ brains.

2 Likes

I’ve seen the first 3 and I think it’s better than the '90s series (which was very good.) Very sharp, much of the comedy is poignant but there’s still a lot of room for silliness. It probably helps that I’m about their age - their material around aging reflects my experience.

The other thing I like is that in the episodes I’ve seen there aren’t many appearances by their old recurring characters - just a few. They’re not just revisiting their old bits.

3 Likes

“It’s a pill. that gives worms. to ex-girlfriends! You people just don’t get it!”

3 Likes

I’m glad that Mark’s Lorne-Michaels-head-of-the-company character made some appearances in the new series. I can’t get enough of that character.

4 Likes

Finally got around to doing a free trial of Prime just so I can watch these new Kids in the Hall eps. So glad I did. Hearing the theme song gave me the nostalgic feels.

3 Likes

Amazon also have the old TKITH shows, so you can get your money’s worth. And here’s the theme tume in full.

3 Likes

Incidentally, Savvy Show Stoppers is a terrific album.

2 Likes