The Lost Skeleton Of Cadavra

If you haven’t seen this movie, you should! Though it is a little uneven, this tribute to cheesy 1950’s black and white “horror” films was made in the early 2000s and really has fun with the whole formula.

If you’ve seen it, leave a comment!

Edit 1: I forgot to mention that writer/director Larry Blamire also made a few more films like this, including ‘The Lost Skeleton Returns Again’ and ‘Trail of the Screaming Forehead’

4 Likes

I know I’ve seen it, but I can’t remember too much about it (it was probably over 10 years ago when I saw it). So I just read the wikipedia on it and … they did everything right, didn’t they? The location and the filming timeline and tiny cast/crew. And now I have to decide if I want to pay $4 to watch it again.

I might have to.

2 Likes

It’s probably worth noting here that Larry Blamire currently has a Kickstarter campaign up for a Lost Skeleton lunchbox: The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra Limited Edition Lunch Box by Lost Skeleton — Kickstarter

A bunch of small clips and stills: The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra - Album on Imgur

2 Likes

Such a wonderful, quotable film. I want to list out all of my favorite lines, but I’ll just stick with “Aliens? Us? Is this one of your earth jokes?”

2 Likes

It’s kind of like the Hamlet episode in that the people who hate it really hate it and are very vocal about it to the point that they make themselves seem more numerous than they actually are. They should be ignored.

1 Like

I rented it on a whim from Blockbuster a long time ago, loved the hell out of it.

It has a specific kind of humor for a specific kind of audience, but when/if that connects… hot damn.

1 Like

The dinner scene is one of our greatest achievements in cinematic art.

1 Like

One of the greatest movies ever, in the history of ever.

The sequel… oof. It has a moment or two and Animala is always top shelf,… but oof.

1 Like

Yes!! We also rented this on a whim and thoroughly enjoyed it! We still have a few quotes that pop up regularly. “Animala” while doing some groovy dance moves and “I’m a scientist in the field of science”.

2 Likes

No matter how many times I’ve watched it, this gag floors me every time. Every. Time.

1 Like

And the specific audience is pretty much "people who would post messages on a MST3K forum."

4 Likes

Let the dancing resume!

Heh! Yeah… I’d say that they’ve got us figured out well, no?

3 Likes