The Mads Are Back

This seems like a good place to mention that Frank and Trace are celebrating a year of livestream shows with A Night of Shorts 4 at 8 p.m. ET Tuesday, July 13! Tickets cost $10 and entitle you to access to the livestream and a download of the show. Part of the proceeds go to a food bank in Minneapolis.

31 Likes

Too bad I will be out of town… Too good that I can still buy a ticket and download the show!

6 Likes

These have all been outstanding!

9 Likes

The Mads have been a boon during the pandemic. I’d love to see them live some day.

10 Likes

@NotTVsFrank you really should if you get the chance.

3 Likes

I got to see them twice in Columbus before the pandemic. It’s a great show. They spend time answering questions from the audience after each show, and have merch and a meet-and-greet after that.

5 Likes

I hadn’t seen any of their shows prior to their most recent one. It was definitely worth it. In addition to being funny, it was oddly comforting to see Frank and Trace together.

8 Likes

I wish they would sell downloads of past pandemic-era shows. I missed the first two they did simply because I didn’t know they were happening!

6 Likes

For once I’m off on a night they’re doing it so I just got my tickets. I saw the first two though and they were great.

3 Likes

The show they did with Mike was great fun, too. They clearly got on well.

6 Likes

I’m personally kicking myself because my partner and I had a chance to see The Mads prior to the pandemic (we don’t usually get those kinds of shows where I live). For whatever reason we didn’t wind up going, but I am delighted to say that their digital riffs have been veritable a bastion of joy in these rather dark times. We haven’t missed a performance yet, and I look forward to another Night of Shorts (though it’ll be hard to top their Sonny riff).

Also, I may have irritated Chris with a Loki spoiler in the RiffTrax group on Facebook (if you’re reading this, sorry and I love everything you do to make these shows happen)!

8 Likes

I saw them a couple of times here in Portland and have greatly enjoyed the online shows. I hope Trace and Frank start touring again - the live audience adds so much.

5 Likes

This may seem spammy. :flushed: I’ll remove it if anyone asks me to.

Showtime tomorrow! Ticket price includes ability to watch later and download the show.

6 Likes

I don’t think it’s spammy at all. Heck, you beat me too it! I look forward to the Mads every month.

spam GIF

7 Likes

So since you brought it up… You may have heard a Discord server mentioned by Chris on the last couple of Live riff streams. I am an admin on that server!

We do a watch party every month. Chris is on our server and we’re kind of the official watch party spot.

Please come join us if you have a ticket. (Or even if you don’t! We are all msties.)

Invite: Satellite of Love

We operate a safe space to hang out for all people, and a place to share your passion for films, satire, and just plain ol’ bad movies. Our users range from old school tape traders to the latest generation of msties!

220px-Monty_Python_Live_02-07-14_13_04_42_(14598710791)

10 Likes

I love the monthly Mads!

3 Likes

I’ve enjoyed all the Livestreams. Though I’d love to see them live, and get that extra energy you have with an audience.

The Lost Missile was one of my favorites.

And I’m looking forward to the August show.

8 Likes

Chris always says they are looking for a way to distribute past shows. I’m hoping the Gizmoplex will someday provide such a service. If not via Gizmoplex, I hope they find something that makes this work for them.

13 Likes

I hope they do, as I missed the early livestreams and would love to catch up.

1 Like

Just another reminder: Frank and Trace are riffing “The Beach Girls and the Monster” tonight!

3 Likes