The Mads Are Back

So since you brought it up… You may have heard a Discord server mentioned by Chris on the last couple of Live riff streams. I am an admin on that server!

We do a watch party every month. Chris is on our server and we’re kind of the official watch party spot.

Please come join us if you have a ticket. (Or even if you don’t! We are all msties.)

Invite: Satellite of Love

We operate a safe space to hang out for all people, and a place to share your passion for films, satire, and just plain ol’ bad movies. Our users range from old school tape traders to the latest generation of msties!

220px-Monty_Python_Live_02-07-14_13_04_42_(14598710791)

10 Likes

I love the monthly Mads!

3 Likes

I’ve enjoyed all the Livestreams. Though I’d love to see them live, and get that extra energy you have with an audience.

The Lost Missile was one of my favorites.

And I’m looking forward to the August show.

8 Likes

Chris always says they are looking for a way to distribute past shows. I’m hoping the Gizmoplex will someday provide such a service. If not via Gizmoplex, I hope they find something that makes this work for them.

13 Likes

I hope they do, as I missed the early livestreams and would love to catch up.

1 Like

Just another reminder: Frank and Trace are riffing “The Beach Girls and the Monster” tonight!

3 Likes

@dcm, @EBK and @BCarroll - good news for all of you. Dumb Industries is making Glen or Glenda available to watch and download, again!

There will be a re-broadcast on August 20th at 10PM EST and if you buy a ticket you can download it immediately. Anyone who bought a ticket last time around can access the re-broadcast for free. And according to this page, they will be doing this every month so you can catch up on any older Mads events that you missed. So get caught up!

8 Likes

I just got the email and link to download it. They said that they “spruced up the video and audio for the re-broadcast”, so I’ll go and download it… even though I have the original.

2 Likes

Looks like I will have to start downloading to my laptop instead of my phone. Too many gigs of giggles! :grin:

Thanks for the info!

Update: Ticket purchased. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

I’ll probably do the same. If I recall the first show or two was at a slightly lower quality, and, well, bandwidth is cheap.

1 Like

Tickets are on sale for the next show, too.

5 Likes

I’m an early bird, got that ticket as soon as it was available. I’ve seen this flick, directed by Bruno VsSota. The title and Albert Kallis poster is better than the movie itself (As much as I like him Bruno wasn’t a gifted director - but that’s okay, it’ll be fun with Frank and Trace’s help).

Leonard Nimoy has a small part in it.

Maybe I’ll order in some IHOP in honor of Albert, to go along with the show. :grinning:

3 Likes

Excellent - thanks for the heads up, got my ticket for the re-broadcast and have already downloaded the video for this weekend’s enjoyment.

3 Likes

Before the Mads riffed it, @marv & @Monty did it!
Distance Learning: Cindy Goes to a Party

1 Like

Two ticket sales open for The Mads - a new Night of Shorts and a rebroadcast of The Tingler. I missed that the first time, glad I can add it to the collection now.

2 Likes

Looks like the Mads are going to rebroadcast The Tingler this Saturday night, if like me you missed it the first time around.

Missed it by THAT much…

2 Likes

Ha, jinx! :wink:

Thanks for the heads up on the upcoming ‘night of shorts’ tickets - I will be traveling that week and glad to get the purchase out of the way in advance.

1 Like

Just got my mini-posters from The Mads’ merchandise store. Very pleased.

7 Likes