The Mads Are Back

This is so very true.

5 Likes

Excellent job on The Brain That Wouldnā€™t Die, quality riffing and a lot of laugh-out-loud moments.

Interesting that it was a different cut of the film. The ā€œburlesque dinerā€ scene was completely elided (not much of a loss) and there were a few other edits. I believe the exterior shot of the ā€œcountry houseā€ was new too, as I was struck by how palatial it was. It looked like their weekend home was the Greenwich Royal Observatory.

3 Likes

So, I finally got around to watching a few of their shorts.

Trace, as usual, is 100% spot on everything. Frank, on the other hand, is about 50% spot on. he injects to much left leaning modern day world stuff for it to be funny, because sometimes it almost comes off hateful. when he DOESNā€™T do that stuff, heā€™s still funny. I wish they would lighten up on it a bit.

Itā€™s still nice to have them around though.

2 Likes

Coming in June:

8 Likes

Oh cool, I bought my ticket last night, but they still hadnā€™t announced the movie.

Sci-Fi, Italian styleā€¦ Iā€™ve never seen this flick, but it rated a score of 2.8 out of 10 at IMDB, so thatā€™s promising. :wink:

4 Likes

Tonight at 10:00 pm EDT]- includes the Peter Drucker short discussed upthread & the bananas Sonny Bono anti-drug short.

Tap @Chris_Gersbeck if you need more info than whatā€™s at the link.

(A Night of Shorts 3 ā€“ Re-broadcast Watch Party! ā€“ The Mads Are Back)

6 Likes

The Mads - Cosmos - War of the Planets - 1920 X 1080

Hey folks,

Just a reminder that The Mads have a new livestream on Tuesday! Tickets are $10 and include a download if you canā€™t watch it live. I hope you can make it!

-Chris

13 Likes

Got my ticket. Canā€™t wait!

3 Likes

You did a brilliant job with the poster @Chris_Gersbeck! Can you add that graphic to the store or are the copyright police likely to lose it?

5 Likes

Stay tuned :wink:

6 Likes

Looking forward to it! I had to double check to make sure I already bought my ticketā€¦ couldnā€™t afford to accidentally pay twice this monthā€¦

4 Likes

MR_Potroast got us our ticket. Iā€™m excited! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Weā€™ve just confirmed The Madsā€™ Q&A guest will be none other than Jonah Ray, making his 2nd triumphant appearance on The Mads Are Back!

Donā€™t forget your ticket!

The Mads - Cosmos - War of the Planets - Poster

9 Likes

Itā€™s time!

4 Likes

Time for my monthly dose of Frank & Trace, (and Chris, and the Cats). Canā€™t wait to see planets duking it out moono y moono.

(Iā€™m betting thereā€™ll be at least one Jonah & Chris lookalike comment before the movie starts.)

Either way I see it, this should be a very dynamite show.
Hi-keeba! Hah!

4 Likes

White Dot is all over this movie

5 Likes

Whew!! Caught the Q&A live at the end! Will attempt to rewind tonight and download the show tomorrow!

Is thatā€¦Jonah talking to Jonah??? :rofl:

2 Likes

July 12ā€”A Night of Shorts 8

6 Likes

I swear, I have NO IDEA what was happening in that movie. I wish the Durlan had lived. He had pretty good makeup. Also, seems like some of the villain outfits might have been seen by the Boneheadsā€™ tailors. :thinking:

Does ANYONE know what was happening in that movie? I bet not even the people who made it had a clue. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Can I just say how enjoyable Jonahā€™s talk with Chris and The Mads was? Itā€™s genuinely awesome to see so much mutual respect.

I had the same vibe when Trace was on Jonahā€™s podcast last year. They work really well with one-another and itā€™s great to see.

Looking forward to the download so I can witness this Cosmos for myself!

11 Likes