The Mads Are Back

Adam Perrochi/Readful Things creates those amazing action figures and artwork, but I don’t believe he sells them.

He was very kind to do a Mads poster for She Shoulda Said No that is available at Dumb Industries.

Re: those emails from Eventbrite – we are likely leaving the platform as a result, on top of their increasing fees and rapidly increasing tech issues. They refuse to stop emailing you guys even though we keep reporting the issue. It’s driving us nutty, but we appreciate your patience!

Also - you never need to wait on emails from Eventbrite, you can just login to access tonight’s (any any) livestream. I always remind people to not wait on emails because their email service is terrible.

TL;DR: Readful Things rules, Eventbrite sucks, hope to see everyone at The Mads Are Back tonight!

9 Likes

Thank you Chris!

2 Likes

For a number of months it seemed like the pre-show had been changed to only include movie trailers, but now the drive-in concession ads are back, and I love those.

5 Likes

Except I now realize that I got there early, and the concession ads are just for a few minutes at the beginning of the pre-show. I still want more.

1 Like

The next riff will be Feb. 13. The film is still TBA.

The Mads Are Back | Live online riffing with MST3K’s The Mads! Tickets, Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 8:00 PM | Eventbrite

2 Likes

Too bad we know already that it can’t possibly be Moment By Moment. :wink:

1 Like

I had to miss another one, how was it?

Someone stole my snacks while I was in the restroom and my seat had a broken Coily. Otherwise, pretty good. (Just teasing. I don’t get to see our copy until tonight or Thursday.)

3 Likes

Well, there are these Mads, see… and they’re back, see… so about like that. See?

2 Likes

Downloading the show now… I’ll let you know, but I have a sneaking suspicion it will be full of funny stuff.

Edit: Hurry up little wheel, round that corner, I’m getting impatient for the show. (stupid slow little wheel - edit, edit - Okay I’m just watching it on the Vimeo page, while the wheel keeps turning)

Last edit: And pretty good overall. Though I hate to say it, I didn’t think their take on Coiley wasn’t so hot, but the mid-section was great - the one about making decisions gave me a lot of laughs.

I haven’t watched the aftershow yet.

3 Likes

Planning to finally watch it tonight, but Beez chimed in on facebook and said it was their funniest set of shorts yet so that’s something.

3 Likes

It was a lot of fun, and I think I agree with Beez, one of their funniest short riffs yet. Steve Stolier joined them for Q&A and had some fascinating things to say about Groucho Marx, making it an extra special event for any Marx Brothers fan (Frank seems to be a Marx Brothers superfan).

I need to watch the replay, and might do so tonight, it was a really good episode.

4 Likes

The riff of A Case of Spring Fever will be going up free on YouTube tomorrow.

2 Likes

The Mads are also releasing a collection of their MST3K reriffs tomorrow:

1 Like

Thats my bday!

3 Likes

Happy BDay!!

Thank you…not until 2/13

1 Like

Happy Mardi Gras Birthday! I’ll be too drunk to remember to tell you so then :wink:

Free? Great! Now I won’t have to spring for it.

tumblr_mk1ajt6r7S1r0ufaco1_400

4 Likes

With the entrance of Steamboat Willie into the public domain, I was reminded by a user in the Dumb Industries server that The Gallopin’ Gaucho is also in the public domain. The user suggested someone draw the Mads in that style to compliment RiffTrax’s Steamboat Coily! So I accepted the challenge!! XD

(I’m not affiliated with Dumb Industries btw!! I just thought this would be a fun mockup sorta thing!)

Original image referenced

9 Likes