That’s awesome!

3 Likes

Frank looks flirty. Is that because Valentine’s Day looms? :thinking:

3 Likes

@Chris_Gersbeck might like to see this… :point_up_2:

6 Likes

I love it!!! Well done!!

7 Likes

LOL!!! That’s a great way to interpet it! (I only drew him like that cuz I was referencing the original image! XD)

3 Likes

@Pearls_Mint @Chris_Gersbeck Thank you both so much!!! <3

3 Likes

It looks like the Feb. film is Mutiny in Outer Space. Not to be confused with Space Mutiny.

5 Likes

Good thing, too. I think the MST3K Space Mutiny is wildly overpraised and not really that great an episode (just my opinion), and I’m glad that The Mads aren’t going anywhere near it. I don’t think it’s public domain, anyway.

2 Likes

Space Mutiny is the only Rifftrax Live show of an MST3K episode I have not watched. That ending made me see red like Mike and the Bots.

“His eyes OPEN!”

1 Like

Yay, a Hugo Grimaldi film I’ve not seen. Thank you, The Mads, for helping me inch ever closer to completing his filmography! (throws confetti)

:confetti_ball:

Hugos’ the directorial mastermind behind Human Duplicators, and Gigantis, the Fire Monster (the chopped to hell U.S. version of Godzilla Raids Again), he also produced Assignment: Outer Space.

The odds for getting a riffable movie are high (though I see viewers complain about how boring it is. So, is it like, “The Incredible Petrified World” boring? Because that would be great, Frank and Trace made that a hoot.

3 Likes

The Mads put another short up on Youtube, Special Days in February.

5 Likes

Monty Python expert Kim “Howard” Johnson will be the Q&A guest this week.

2 Likes

There’s your original poster, are they being attacked by a Christmas wreath?

Just starting this up, and thanks Frank, for making me look up the term “blumpkin” - I think I was perfectly fine not knowing what that was. Lol.

1 Like

Can confirm - no need to look that up, folks. Trust me.

Uh, other than that, how was the show?

1 Like

This rip-off of Love And Life by George Frederic Watts is somehow way less corny and annoying than the original. :open_mouth: The image, I mean. Haven’t seen the actual movie. Yet.

Not bad, not bad, some big laughs.

Not real fond of the editing on the movie this time out, usually they are very good about cutting out the dull, but keeping the story intact, but here they cut out a chunk in the middle so that one moment one thing is happening, the next, an entirely new thing is going on. I know these are bad movies, and that I’m here for the comedy, but I would like some connective tissue when I watch 'em. (ah well, I can pretend I’m watching an Ozu film, a really, bad Ozu film, and that it’s just a narrative ellipse, lol)

My favorite riff, Frank’s “Oh God, he’s so mental he’s having a zoom call with clouds!”

6 Likes

Exterior shots up the wazoo IIINNNNN SPAAAAACE!

2 Likes

For anyone not getting the Dumb Industries newsletter, “Full Mads Friday starting soon!”

They will do a full rebroadcast of an episode on Twitch - the warmup, the movie, q&a, the whole chalupa. It happens every Friday at 9:30 EST. Convenient timing, as our watch-alongs will have just wrapped up.

I assume* this time was chosen so @Chris_Gersbeck can hang with us for our watch-alongs and then jump over to Manage Twitch.

* based on no evidence whatsoever.

6 Likes

Mutiny In Space, like some other Arthur C. Pierce - Grimaldi Warrior “epics” is mostly in the Hurting category because it has ambitious ideas but very little budget.

Good riffs, but this is soup spoon-level Depths of Hurting at best. I was actually trying to pay attention to the plot, and I think I succeeded. Cool to see Dolores Faith again, too. Gotta’ figure this part was a little more interesting for her than the more standard damsel-in-distress she played in both The Human Duplicators and Phantom Planet.

2 Likes

The Phantom from 10,000 Leagues is the March 12 film, with Bill Corbett and Mike Nelson as the Q&A guests.

The Mads Are Back: The Phantom From 10,000 Leagues (w/ Special Q&A Guests!) Tickets, Tue, Mar 12, 2024 at 8:00 PM | Eventbrite

11 Likes