The Majestic Music Appreciation Thread

1 Like

Do not listen to this song if you get stuck in an elevator.

If you guys don’t get it, watch this GMOD Idiot Box scene, and you’ll know what I mean.

1 Like

I haven’t thought about the GMod Idiot Box in years!

2 Likes

It’s too bad that the series has been dormant for 7 years.

3 Likes

That’s for sure

2 Likes

I’ve decided to bring some of the Vocaloid music from my old thread here for you guys to share.

And here’s one more I like:

Clockwork Girl

2 Likes

Think it is time for a montage.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Might recognize that riff! :smile:

/* EDIT: it’s pretty much “Smoke on the Water” from Deep Purple…one of their lesser tunes! */

1 Like

Ladies and gentlemen, if you have the time, please take a moment to look at this official art gallery taken straight from the Japanese puppet variety show, Quintet, as a bonus feature that played on one of the DVDs, while the song Pictures at an Exhibition by Modest Mussorgsky plays in the background.

(The video (and the music)'s now purged from YouTube. But jokes on them! At least I saved it!)

1 Like

No real commentary. I knew a gal who prided herself on her bad sneakers. But also, bad sneakers, meaning a loose fit, can accomodate a whole bunch of KT tape for remedying tendon problems in or about the foot.

You need a pair of good sneakers, though, if you’re going to try to catch the grey men when they dive from the 14th floor.

1 Like

This,

3 Likes

also this,

3 Likes

This song totally ‘slaps’, in the modern parlance. To think, this was picked to be their breakout MTV Buzz Bin single. How could it possibly have failed? :sweat_smile:

I’ll spare this community my soliloquy on the drumbeat in the extended outro of this song. I’ll just say I’ve pondered it at great length over a number of years and it might be the oddest thing I’ve ever heard.

1 Like

On the “topic” of “Baretta’s Theme,” this is the record I learned this tune from. Different tune, of course! :laughing: Kind of anthemic.

But, Billy Preston sells it on the Hammond organ…I think this recording was made when he was like sixteen or seventeen. All those Vee-Jay sides…he does some stuff that people are still catching up to on the Hammond organ. All the reverse glisses, full command of the instrument. Truly. A master at such a young age.

2 Likes

Damn, I was wondering why I was so peeved about this woman keeping this Fathead Newman album. Not especially valuable, in terms of money, but I like it.

Mac on acoustic piano plus Fathead hitting it? It’s a great album.

1 Like

This could go equally in “stuck in head songs,” but since this one USB stick I’m using for in-car commute entertainment yet again…

Yeah, I’m too lazy to swap the USB stick out and it has a bunch of good stuff. Lot of Grant Green, Wes, Sonny Clark, Joe.

This album, by Jimmy McGriff is at the start memory address, I guess.

I used to like wearing headphones to this album in case someone asked, “What are you listening to?”

Correct answer? “Electric funk, what you got?”

And even though I still have the CD (never had the LP, but it would have been worn through number of times I’ve played this CD and now since ripping it to disc…don’t remember what format I ripped it to &c.), I never knew the names of the tunes…in MST3K callback time, from this interreggnum, the track is called “Miss Poopie.”

But I still get off on the double-fisted chordal trills at about 02:28 or so.

What am I listening to?

Huh? You wanna know?

Electric funk.

MF.

1 Like

Blondes Have More Fun takes a lot of abuse as Rod Stewart’s Disco Sellout album. But there’s some good stuff on it too. This title track rocks.

2 Likes

Just rolling around in my head. Bangin’ tune, anyway.

2 Likes