The Majestic Music Appreciation Thread

The Clash released “Bankrobber” as a 7" single 42 years ago, my freshman year of HS.

I found an import copy at Desert Shore Records in Syracuse, which I thought was cool as fudge. Fudge I say.

If my particular segment of my generation had a voice, it should be Joe Strummer’s.

2 Likes

This is the song in my head any time I’m stuck in a line or waiting for anything

3 Likes

Is it wrong that I both can’t stand Rod Stewart, yet can’t entirely escape the respect I have for his music? Kinda have the same thing going for James Taylor, and John Denver.

2 Likes

I know where you are coming from. Not a Rod Stewart fan myself but I find myself tapping my toes when I hear a few of his songs.

1 Like

Chino of Deftones. One of his many side projects.

1 Like

A few bits’n’pieces to occupy your time.
Helios Creed - Kiss to the brain

Reynaldo Hahn - Violin Concerto

The Triffids - The Seabirds

Mutiny - Lump

Lamont Dozier - Breaking out all over

1 Like

Hey!

R.I.P. DOOM

1 Like

What the how did this get released 5 months ago and nobody told me?

And what the wow the sound quality on this is so good I can’t believe they never released it in '81.

It’s one of those weird super favorite songs that nobody paid much heed. Also super fun to drum.

4 Likes

Tambourines and the other frame drums are super-cool. That’s the hill I’m dying on today.

3 Likes

3 Likes

I will join you, and die by the slings and arrows of outrageous derision. A noble death.

2 Likes

Later, I’ll share tales of 30 years of people pointing and laughing at various other small percussion instruments being played. (No, not really. But I could.)

1 Like

I finally bought a cajon, and now I’m looking at goofy ankle rattles n shz. It’s a slippery slope.

2 Likes

That’s okay. Some of the great bands started out playing skiffle.

1 Like

Yeah, be careful. Some version of this used to be my office before COVID, tinnitus and some other stuff made me decide I was OK with just the day job.

2 Likes

Before you know it you’re The Great Bandaloni playing stomp & twang to slackjaws at the New York State Fair.

1 Like

Sigh… when I was in college, Frank Zappa and Rod Stewart played at the Fair. Dang budget cuts.

2 Likes

Look at them, they think he’s the freak.

1 Like

Just looking at that picture is making me dance :+1:

4 Likes

No, no, no… No fun in music. (Or fandom.) Not allowed. Entertainment is serious business, you know… [adjusts monocle] I mean, did you hear about that Bach upstart refusing to play the piece the same way each night? What on Earth is that about?! [puts on extra pinky ring]

2 Likes