The Master approves of this OPEN THREAD for tonight's MANOS Tribute Event replay! 8pm ET / 5pm PT

Tonight is the PUBLIC premiere of our first Tribute Event, which is, of course, devoted to the iconic Manos. Backers may have seen this event already during the Gizmoplex preview, but hey, Manos is always worth another watch! ALSO we’re showing our first BRAND NEW SHORT, “Pipeline to the Clouds,” plus new bonus host segments and a postshow chat with Jackey Neyman Jones, who plays Debbie in Manos and has some fantastic tales to tell.

Tomorrow night we are back to live with a tribute to FUTURE WAR, and on Friday we’re celebrating HOBGOBLINS. (Longtime followers will remember last summer’s watch-a-long event, in which Joel, seeing Hobgoblins for the first time, realizes he knows the guy who made those incredibly convincing handpuppets! Well, looks like we get to hear from him directly on Friday night, so you don’t want to miss that.)

And don’t forget, both of these events will ALSO feature the premiere of BRAND NEW SHORT RIFFS and new bonus host segments!

Okay, that’s enough exclamation points for today! I’ll remind you of all these details in tomorrow’s open thread too!! KEEP WATCHING THE SKIES!!!

14 Likes

Soooo…

…”Manos.”

13 Likes

…The hands of fate?

12 Likes

Right, right. Not in so many words.

7 Likes

Also, wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :smiley:

6 Likes

I’ve actually ordered pizza and look forward to being horrified! :fire::pizza:

7 Likes

Just don’t accept the complimentary Crazy Bread!

7 Likes

For Joel’s Manos outfit, I think I should call it…
snickers
Sonam: The Feet ofVictory.

Actually, scratch that. I suck at jokes.

4 Likes

Guess I better pull out my sheerest nightgown and prepare for a brawl

7 Likes

Oh, I will sort of halfheartedly roll around with you so hard for that.

6 Likes

I’ll put a handkerchief on my head.

I’M EVIL :smiley:

9 Likes

The Forums: After Dark

5 Likes

So it’s a rerun of a live stream of a rerun… I’m feeling inceptioned
manos the hands of fate rhett hammersmith GIF

8 Likes

SO. EXCITE.

But by golly I wish I wasn’t having to work riiiiiiight up until showtime so I could have fun here in the forums with you buncha jokers.

6 Likes

wE hAvE tO gO dEePeR

6 Likes

So…has anybody ever seen this episode?

5 Likes

Eh, I’ve heard things…

5 Likes

Not spoiling anything here, but if you’re tuning in for tonight’s episode, you absolutely must stay for the post-show discussion with Jackey Neyman Jones. @Lesley isn’t exaggerating when she says that it’s fascinating.

9 Likes

This a bazillion times over for folks who haven’t seen this before.

Jackey Neyman Jones was an absolute gem of a guest, and we MSTies were beyond lucky to have the opportunity to enjoy her stories and insights and what-all.

8 Likes

Her story of the phone call she made after the original showing…“Are you Debbie???” is alone worth the watch.

11 Likes