The Mighty Fan Art Thread!

Since we’re testing this baby out, let’s see how it handles a tidal wave of fan art! I’ll start throwing in various images I made for Kickstarters, and just for kicks, and previously posted on Twitter and Facebook. Feel free to hop in with your own!

10 Likes

Here’s the “Marsh Madness” poster I made during the Kickstarter to celebrate the announcement of Emily Marsh becoming host. (Note that it still has the “Crenshaw” name tag she used on the live tour. It’s based on the British WWII “Women Come to the Factories” propaganda poster.

56 Likes

Here’s my fantasy poster for Season 11’s “The Great Space Circus Show.” I STILL hope we haven’t seen the last of P.T. Mindslap! (Note to self: Discourse limits the size of uploaded images to 5MB.)

35 Likes

Now let’s see how many images we can attach in a post. Here are four bandana designs I made for the bots.

53 Likes

And here’s a classic from the 2015 Kickstarter, resurrected for the 2021 campaign. Servo the Riveter!

24 Likes

And the last one for now: Mucha Gypsy, a “riff” on Alphonse Mucha’s Art Nouveau drawings.

30 Likes

I love these. Someone needs to get Mucha GPC as a tattoo.

8 Likes

I’ve purchased every Shout! Factory MST3K disc ever released (and several Rhino ones too) and decided a few years ago I needed a convenient way to watch them. I ripped every episode from disc and re-encoded to MP4. I tried existing media manager apps, like Plex and Kodi, but wasn’t happy with them, so I wrote my own system from scratch. It runs on a local server in my house; built on Apache with PHP and MySQL.

I want top quality content, so I don’t scrape any sources for the data – all preview images, cover art and episode descriptions are custom created by me. I can apply star ratings, set favorites and play a random episode, sweet!

(This compressed GIF doesn’t do it justice; it actually looks really good on a 65" TV and makes it so easy to watch my beloved MST3K.)

aqd

37 Likes

My designs for mini crow and servo in cross stitch. I’ll be working on bigger ones as soon as the pinched nerve in my neck lets me get back to my computer.

19 Likes

Five years of art school.

29 Likes

Not fan art, per se, but I knit these cuties to give to Joel and Jonah during the live tour.

Except the venue took them from me at the door and I never did know whether they got them or not.

32 Likes

Oh no! I hope they made it into the right hands.

3 Likes

Here’s a silly one I made a few years ago for Facebook. A Venn Diagram of MST3K fandom.

24 Likes

Well, I’d have to say you are pretty accurate. I like snakes (zoologist) and watch plenty of animal planet, I live in bigfoot country, I have a Servo candy dispenser head, love weird stuff, can drive a forklift, and seen at lowes on occasion, and make my own beef jerky.

2 Likes

I love it, Frank especially! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Pretty Nice!

2 Likes

Just excellent. I would let you decorate my birthday cake. :birthday:

:joel: :mike: :jonah: :emily: Huh. Would you look at that. You know, I’m sensing a missed opportunity here, but I just can’t figure out what it is…

2 Likes

I’m sure I got almost everyone. I don’t think I’m missing anything.

1 Like

Is it a certain Mr Van Damme?

Its pretty darn cute @SuperCutie
Maybe travel GPC? And a Bonehead and Arty might balance out the Kinga side as well?

It’s so cute though, love it

2 Likes

The missed opportunity to give us thematic emoji! :smile_cat:

We have access to the negative squared cross mark (whatever this is → :negative_squared_cross_mark:) but I can’t summon Dr. Forrester’s disapproving head with :dr_forrester:. The closest I can get is :brain::guyana: (Brain Guyana).

4 Likes