The Mighty Fan Art Thread!

I built these custom frames for my posters.

30 Likes

Very nice, so on brand for the show. How’d you do it? Kinda looks like scrap wood with parts added, but I suspect more devious genius at play than just that.

2 Likes

Routed out wood panels, ripped apart some model kits and tinkered until they looked right

8 Likes

I may do something similar with my posters. I’m gonna need some small junk to put in there. I’ll have to look for castoff spare parts after Christmas.

2 Likes

Go buy clearance model kits and use those

3 Likes

You guys remember Felicia Day’s Kinga typo on the cone last month?

Well I made this pic based on the photo. I call this: the Kingaroo.

This is the best I can come up with, as it’s my first time drawing a kangaroo.

18 Likes

It’s wonderful! I love how angry she looks!

1 Like

For my Krewe’s upcoming Patrick Swayze Christmas Party, I decided to make special gifts for three members who’ve been most helpful that go along with their chosen characters… for our Jonah I made a little wooden Rougarou a’la “every country has a monster,” for our Pearl, I made a Forrester family crest so that wherever she resides shall be Castle Forrester! And last but not least, every Mad needs a punching bag, and myself as Dr. F has Puppet Frank, I figured our Kinga could use a Puppet Son of Puppet Frank AKA Max.
And here’s another photo of Puppet Frank and Puppet Son… I have to admit to being a little shocked to see how far my skills have come in just a year and a half between the two.

20 Likes

Max’s coat looks awesome. He’s quite good, in general but he’s snappily dressed as well.

4 Likes

I guess this could technically be fan art, but my friend, Tom, and I lipsynched to the Patrick Swayze Christmas host segment last night for a Holiday drag show. I (Santa Sweater) played Crow, Tom was Tom, and my friend (red llama sweater) played Joel.

14 Likes

Great sweaters! Sounds like a fun show.

2 Likes

Emily was gonna take care of Cat Mega-Synthia for a while, but… it didn’t go as planned.

16 Likes

Here’s another that I made after Season 11. Pour one out for M.Waverly.

14 Likes

When I first reacted to Waverly’s apparent “death”, I was gonna write a eulogy about him while this song plays in my head:

That was until I found out that Servo rebuilt him back to life and I was a bit surprised that Waverly came back well and all; and then I was like: “if anything bad happens to this pure adorable orange cyclops again, Crow’s gonna get it.”

2 Likes

And here’s something I must have made when I had too much free time between Seasons 11 and 12. The art is a bit crude, but it was fun to put together. Enter the nightmare-fueled world of “Goodnight Moon 13!”

13 Likes

Here’s Part 2 of 3:

14 Likes

And Part 3:

25 Likes

I LOVE it, so expressive!

1 Like

I asked my much-more-artistic son to decorate my MST3K Secret Santa card.

20 Likes

We failed at cookie decorating this year (December wasn’t the greatest month…) but I got my sister some MST3K cookie cutters ao we tried them out!

They’re the last cookies remaining so maybe I’ll get inspired and whip up some icing in the next few days.

28 Likes