The MST3K Scrapbook and Poopie Tapes

Someone tweeted a picture from an “infomercial” in 1995. It was MST3K promoting its two VHS tapes, MST Scrapbook and MST Poopie. It probably was the first time the show made VHS tapes that weren’t connected to Rhino. The Scrapbook must have been more popular because it had footage not even hardcore fans had never seen before.
I still have mine. Do you? (Of course it’s on YouTube)

10 Likes

I had some form of the Poopie Tape (an utterance which will now come back to haunt me in an out-of-context quoting). It would be nice to see both released as restored digital items in the Gizmoplex shop.

7 Likes

I had the Poopie tape when Rhino put it out, but not that version.

4 Likes

I still have mine, in a box with all the Rhino VHS tapes I can’t bring myself to get rid of. That’s what criminally priced storage units are for!

7 Likes

I still have both of mine as well!

That MST Scrapbook tape in particular is an invaluable treasure to me. Just a terrific watch all the way around.

1 Like

Still have both of those and “The Last Dance: Raw”

2 Likes

me too. Combined that with Diabolik (and the SyFy ad) on a homemade DVD. Shout should do that too on a blu-ray.

1 Like

Sadly, never purchased either of them.

Much like all the Rhino tapes/MST3K DVDs, these were always part of my, “Someday … when I have some extra money…” list.

Probably for the best, as they likely would have been in the same box (that didn’t survive the move) as my home recorded MST3K tapes?

It’d be great if these were added to the the Gizmoplex to download…

5 Likes

It’s because of that infomercial that some folks thought Trace was Australian.

I loved the Amazing Discoveries parody with the sweaters and the accent.

3 Likes

i have both poopies and mr b shorts and raw im missing the scrapbook and the play mitsies ones

3 Likes

I have them both in storage with my other VHS tapes! :smiley:

2 Likes

I also have both of these VHS tapes. The Scrapbook is indeed amazing for all the behind-the-scenes looks. (The photo montage at the end is incredible and a little emotional)

3 Likes

Yep, still got 'em! Watched them so many times I can’t believe they still work.

2 Likes

Yup, I have the same thing as in the photo.

1 Like

These are the tapes I’ve got.
poopie.jpg

2 Likes

i still have mine. i don’t have a vcr anymore, so i haven’t seen them in years.

1 Like

Poopie!, Poopie 2! and Poopie: Parade of Values! are available to watch here: Club MST3k - Watch Streaming Episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000!

2 Likes