The Mystery Science Discourse 3000 Gallery of Regrettable Foods

This thread is for times where you see something edible and ask, “why? Why would they do that? What possible reason would anyone have for doing such a thing?”

Inspired by:

15 Likes

Circus peanut jello salad. DAV out!

5 Likes

I don’t even know what that is!

3 Likes

Sounds very, uh. Midwestern :woozy_face::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

This is hummus. HUMMUS!

4 Likes

I often take pictures of weird food in the grocery store.

When pumpkin spice goes too far:

And this is just a no on so many levels:

7 Likes

Peeps creamer? :face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Peeps anything really …

6 Likes

I’m going to retitle this thread to something more appropriate.

2 Likes

Here’s some food that shouldn’t exist. Olive loaf.

8 Likes

This isn’t the exact brew I tried but it is from the same brewery. The bottom line is, don’t try pumpkin beer. You will regret it

2 Likes

Was just thinking about this earlier, looking at the debris from various “cool” potato chip flavors lying around in our pantry.

I mean, all blessings on you if that’s what you love. But I really can’t get into any potato chip flavor more out there than sea salt + black pepper. Sorry. If I want extra flavors with my chips, uh… I’ll exert myself enough to make dip. Thennnks.

2 Likes

:notes: “I don’t think you can get me through the niiiiight…” :notes: :radio:

4 Likes

I need a barf reaction emoji

4 Likes

I like olive loaf

I’ve had pumpkin beer from exactly one brewery that was good. Unfortunately, the brewery is in St Louis and I’m not. But it was actually a good pumpkin beer.

2 Likes

There is no scenario in which “I’m not in St Louis” is unfortunate

2 Likes

Oh No Reaction GIF by Laff

6 Likes

Oh, there are lots of good pumpkin beers! I like the time every fall when every brewery and their dog seems to do one. Shipyard Smashed Pumpkin is one of my favorites. Pumpkin and coffee beer though is one I tend to agree on - haven’t had one of those that I’ve liked (especially since your example isn’t a stout/porter where I usually expect coffee).

2 Likes

Schlafly? They do make make a hell of a pumpkin ale. Epic Brewing out of SLC makes a seriously good pumpkin imperial porter as well. Past that, it’s mostly garbage from what I’ve tried.

1 Like