The Mystery Science Discourse 3000 Gallery of Regrettable Foods

My brother is a vegan who also doesn’t eat any oils or salt and he makes the most disgusting looking food.

Par example-

“Whole wheat crust (sweetened with date paste), tomato sauce, mockzarella cheese, and cauliflower taco meat.”

I knew a guy online years ago who was so into this practice that he owned an olive orchard but refused to sell the olives for culinary purposes. Only for soaps. He bragged about this.

:roll_eyes: I mean, this WAS online so maybe he was doing a bit. I really hope so.

1 Like

angrily chewing olive soap

3 Likes

Most vegans I know are cool, and I personally love to try out vegan meals. This guy, though… [slow head shake]

4 Likes

The majority of vegan food I’ve had has been delicious. This does not seem like it belongs in that majority.

5 Likes

His wife won’t even eat what he cooks. And she badmouths it. He won’t care if I post other things he makes and I really need to start sharing for the sake of catharsis, because to come across these things unprepared in a Facebook feed…

@FlyingSquid I don’t think even the Moosewood Restaurant is that extreme…[1]

1. And I used to walk by it regularly, once upon a time. I never actually ate there, but I did peruse the menu posted outside upon occasion. ↩︎

3 Likes

To paraphrase a really obnoxious but endearing fridge magnet I own: “You’ll feel great following this guy’s regimen. Until you kill yourself.”

3 Likes

Anyone for Wieneroni Casserole with Karo corn syrup?

2 Likes

I like meatloaf with gravy. Meatloaf though with canned green beans…UGH!!

5 Likes

That poor dish. To be so lovingly nurtured and refined in some far-off kiln, only to be faced with this incoherent monotony after leaving the crafts fair. :dizzy_face:

8 Likes

I too have procrastinated till the night before a project was due.

4 Likes

Yeah, we had to tweak the recipe just a little to make it perfect: white plate

1 Like

1b86a4843fd923b66b02381244db9bf4fbda6526_2_752x1000
it’s people! Karo syrup is made of people!

5 Likes

Imagine if Karo could have gotten Charlton Heston as a spokesperson… or Richard Kiel![1]

1. IT’S A COOKBOOK! A COOKBOOK! ↩︎

1 Like

Or Orson Welles!

2 Likes

Or Anthony Hopkins!

1 Like