The Mystery Science Discourse 3000 Gallery of Regrettable Foods

Well, somebody’s gotta’ eat 'em, I guess.

1 Like

But is a taco a sandwich? Particularly soft shell tacos?

1 Like

I think y’all are looking for the Gallery of Regrettable Flame Wars, just down the hall.

5 Likes

Ok, but is corn a grass?

4 Likes

I’m seriously thinking about trying this with less butter, blitzing the prunes and marmalade to make a sauce, and sprinkling it with sliced almonds.

That’s a regrettable thought.

3 Likes

:scream_cat: Don’t do it! You have so much to live for!!

2 Likes

Maybe use the same flavors in a coffee cake or bread pudding?

I mean, it doesn’t sound awful. I don’t like sugary desserts, so it’s got that going for it. The noodles are weird, but maybe they’re just misunderstood?

I’m not rushing to the kitchen to make it, to be clear…

2 Likes

A hard shell taco inevitably becomes a sandwich the moment that shell breaks and your goal of getting it to your mouth becomes a combined goal with avoiding getting it on your shirt.

6 Likes

At that point I think it’s less a sandwich and more a burrito bowl topped with tortilla chips.

Without the bowl.

3 Likes

Bananas AND bacon?!! Who thought this up?!

2 Likes

Someone who hates me personally and decided to combine two things I can’t stand into one.

4 Likes

This is less bizarre than usual. Still wouldn’t be my first pick at Perkins, though.

2 Likes

Elvis?

6 Likes

:notes: “Sittin’ on the grape of the Bananacon-bay
Grossin’ out all the fans todayyyy…”
:notes:

Oh, wait. :o

2 Likes

Crumbed carrots?!

And what in the name of TV’s Frank is “vitaminized margarine”?!!

3 Likes

I’d eat them. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Sure why not? We deep-fried and consumed Tom’s petaled head already. There are really no limits now.

My issue with the recipe is that it vaguely requires cooked carrots. How to cook them? To what tenderness? And how to keep the greens from turning into a mushy mess?

2 Likes

If this is the 40s or 50s you have to pre-cook to the point of near-disintegration. Then you have to rely on the integrity of the flaked flakes and the super-margarine to hold it all together.

No alternatives had been invented yet. Okay, in truth: I have many cookware guides from that era explaining that you don’t in fact have to death-cook vegetables this way. It’s just that we all know from personal experience that nobody paid attention to that. I think part of the confusion was that canned vegetables and fruit always emerged from their prisons in that state already. So that was the standard the average cook went by, without really thinking about it. :confused:

2 Likes