The Mystery Science Discourse 3000 Gallery of Regrettable Foods

I assume Dunkin’s doesn’t have endless refills. Also, people go to Dunkin for caffeine in the first place.

1 Like

Salad greens, green beans, cubed cheese, SPAM, green peppers AND Wesson oil?! Who thought this one up?!

4 Likes

Clearly, it was leftovers night at the Bradys’.

1 Like

Sorry, not regrettable enough. It’s got Italian dressing on it, not just plain vegetable oil. I mean, suspend it all in some dissolved cow hooves and THEN you’ve got something.

Also, I’m not creating an account just to read the lemonade article. But I gather the drink’s like lemon-flavored Red Bull or something…?

1 Like

Guess it’s death by Baja Blast for yours truly instead.

3 Likes

Excuse me, what did you call my salad?

1 Like

CANNED green beans.

1 Like

I liked deviled ham spread, especially the Underwood brand. But mixing it with sour cream and cream cheese?! No thanks.

1 Like

Ehhh, it’s reading like a chef salad to me, which isn’t too bad, although the green beans say more salade nicoise. If this were just ordinary ham instead of Spam (which I don’t like the texture of very much), I think it would be fine.

1 Like

A couple of times back in the day, I did an old time-y canape which was herbed cream cheese with little cubes of ham. You packed the mixture into a hollowed-out loaf of French bread. Then wrapped, chilled, and sliced before serving. I guess I’d at least try this. So long as the crackers held out. :wink:

1 Like

Unlike that pork parfait I posted earlier, this one isn’t sweet. Still…not sure I’d touch this one.

4 Likes

I’ll take yours!

4 Likes

Reminds me of the Rocklands Pearl:

So, is it good? Yes, it’s good.

5 Likes

I think this belongs in the “get in my belly” thread.

2 Likes

Can I just have a damn plate for my food already?!

[sigh]

2 Likes

There was a bar/restaurant called Kangaroo Boxing Club that had a late night menu item called the F—'It Bucket. The kitchen staff would put whatever food they wanted to into a wide bowl (not a bucket) for $10.

An example:

What It Is: “A bowl full of awesome, no take backsies” according to the vague yet accurate menu description. “It’s a creative channel for whoever’s in the kitchen with all our menu items at their disposal,” says co-owner Trent Allen. The dish always includes fries, and may contain some combination of quesadillas, bacon, brisket, chicken, pulled pork, grilled cheese sandwiches, pizza, cheese sauce, peach pie, or blueberry pie—everything but the kitchen sink. Kangaroo Boxing Club will make accommodations for vegetarian and gluten-free diets, but even there, they retain near-total creative license.

The restaurant is quite sadly not there anymore.

4 Likes

This is essentially a classy version of a Munchy Box, which is a regional ‘delicacy’ in the UK originating in Glasgow

5 Likes

Looking at that makes my heart hurt.

2 Likes

If you’ve ever eaten one your heart hurting is the least of it.

3 Likes

No! Just no!

4 Likes