The Mystery Science Discourse 3000 Gallery of Regrettable Foods

At this point it’s easier to list the things that haven’t been deep-fried at one time or another.

2 Likes

Coffee’s not even good, it’s just a drug that’s become socially acceptable enough to have an addiction!

3 Likes

I personally like the taste of coffee, plus I find it a perfect complement to dessert. Coffee plus a slice of pie is like heaven to me.

6 Likes

A Chicken of Tomorrow?

3 Likes

Happy St. Patrick’s Day?

5 Likes

:face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

This is what they found when they scanned Mrs. Forrester and Dr. F. had to save her with judicious applications of Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups and Nails-B-Strong.

4 Likes

…which episode did I miss with that plotline?

2 Likes

Deathstalker And The Warriors From Hell.

CLAYTON!!!

(P.S. - Have some of these Potato Planks™. I’ll never finish 'em all.)

3 Likes
  1. Fry oil.
  2. Other kinds of oil.
2 Likes

Coffee’s great when made properly.
Mostly it isn’t made well at all, and is wrapped up in a bogus mystique of jargon as some form of over-compensation.

2 Likes

I like coffee as long as it doesn’t taste too much like coffee. Give me maple bacon coffee, Oreo coffee, brown sugar crumble coffee, donut coffee, Fruity Pebbles coffee… but give me a cup of regular ol’ black coffee and I can’t stand the stuff.

2 Likes

I only ever drink coffee if I go out to breakfast. As long as it has creamer and sweetener in it, I don’t mind it.

1 Like

Ah yes. Cincinnati style chili.

Cincinnati chili - Wikipedia

I’ve been meaning to try that when I visit Cincinnati, Ohio someday.

Cincy-style is spaghetti topped with meat-only chili. From there, there are “ways” of eating it - “three-way”, which adds shredded cheese to the chili-topped spaghetti (a “two-way”), while a “four-way” or “five-way” adds onions and/or beans before topping with the cheese.

2 Likes

Oh god, it’s awful. It’s full of cinnamon. It’s basically cinnamon meat sauce. It’s not in any way chili. There’s also cloves and nutmeg and stuff. Basically someone decided to make a fruit cake but changed their mind half-way through and made spaghetti sauce, then called it a day and said it was chili.

6 Likes

There’s a Greek dish called a Stifado, which has beef and cinnamon and I’ve enjoyed it. Maybe the flavours were better balanced in favour of the meat than FlyingSquid’s experience.

4 Likes

I’ve had mediterranean dishes with spices like that in them too, and they can be good, but this is not the same. Imagine pumpkin spice ranch dressing. It’s that kind of bad combination.

6 Likes

Best description of Cincinnati chile Ever!

4 Likes

I’d be ok with it if they just called it what it is, so I do that myself: Cincinnati-style meat sauce with warm spices. Hated it the first time I tried it, because “chili.” I can tolerate it now that I know not to expect it to be what they call it, but it’s not something I’m going out of my way to eat.

5 Likes

Cincinnati style chili is more like Greek or Macedonian meat sauces similar to Bolognese sauce. It is NOT anything like chili con carne, what we normally consider chili; Cincy-style is never eaten by itself as that’s akin to eating tomato sauce by itself.

Reactions to it are largely hit or miss - people either love it or hate it.

5 Likes

Don’t judge me!

2 Likes