The Pumaman is being "surgically enhanced"

Mentioned right at the end of the Q&A for Gamera Vs Jiger premiere, Matt talks about the 8/5 Tribute to The Pumaman, and both the graphic and Matt mention that this is a “surgically enhanced Gizmoplex print of the episode!”

Matt doesn’t go into details and says to “tune in to find out,” but my speculation is that it may be a bit like a “HD remaster” that people have discussed before, where they put the original silhouettes over an HD transfer of the film.

Any other thoughts on what it could mean?

14 Likes

:musical_note: Pumaman :musical_note:

:musical_note: He’s got new calf implants :musical_note:

18 Likes

I’m hoping for another riff-along like with Moon Zero Two, but I have a feeling they would be more straightforward if it was that.

8 Likes

As long as he still wears Action Slacks and flies like a moron I’ll be happy.

18 Likes

“We have edited this film for maximum enjoyment.”

::end credits::

12 Likes

I didn’t enjoy the end credits!

4 Likes

Dream enhancement: they replace the Pumaman theme with “Spanish Flea” by Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass.

9 Likes

Donald Pleasance: now with 6-pack abs and chin butt

10 Likes

I hope they CGI chinderwear over that chin butt.

11 Likes

“We have now given him hair.”

“… you… you put a CGI cat on his head.”

“My work here is done.”

12 Likes

They’re adding a lengthy Pumaman death march scene accompanied to a seemingly never-ending song sung by Jonah and the Bots. :yawning_face:

7 Likes

I assume the surgical enhancement is being paid for by Dr. Kabahl, the mysterious financier from the future.

9 Likes

“I have seen what transpires in the times ahead, so you can implicitly believe me when I tell you that the Gizmoplex’s financial future can be secured by giving the Pumaman larger shin bones.”

8 Likes

I have to admit, this is REALLY interesting and might set a new precedent for what we receive here on the 'Plex.

Is it an AI upscale of the original elements?

Is it a brand new HD transfer of Pumaman with the original SD Mike and Bots composited (as mentioned before)?

Is it a brand new transfer with all new silhouettes replacing the original Mike and Bots?

Heck, did Mike, Kevin and Bill re-record the whole thing, making Pumaman the unannounced Rifftrax collaboration? (highly unlikely but…HEY LOOK OVER THERE! runs)

Whatever happens, I gotta say it’s really interesting and certainly adds a new level of excitement for Tribute events (and Gizmoplex events in general).

Excited Daniel Cormier GIF by UFC

9 Likes

Wasn’t that an episode of Archer ?

3 Likes

That’s entirely possible. I watched that for a time and then kind of drifted away, but if any show were going to do that…

3 Likes

New scenes featuring the guy who played Donald Pleasence in Halloween Kills.

9 Likes

Hey, wait a minute, that’s clearly Roger Whittaker!

7 Likes

I am altering the movie. Pray I don’t alter it any further.

20 Likes

Oh no, don’t bring up Lucas! We don’t want that sort of surgical enhancement of Pumaman, do we?

11 Likes