The Pumaman is being "surgically enhanced"

Crow shot first!

4 Likes

The new dance number is something else!

4 Likes

I’m thinking random Vader screams throughout the film, plus Greedo gets a bunch of shots off so he can ruin one of the best character intros in movie history.

3 Likes

Pumaman: Now with 100% more Timmy Bobby Rusty

7 Likes

First, we started off with a plot injection to ease us into the process. Next we performed talent enhancements here and here, but too much throws the rest of the movie into contrast and ruins the whole effect, so we had to be careful how far we went there. We tried a powers transplant to make things more puma-themed, but unfortunately the movie rejected it.

3 Likes

Maybe they digitally enhanced the audio track so that Donald Pleasance says ‘puma’ the normal way.

4 Likes

It will now contain more Stormtroopers and a whole new performance by the Max Rebo band!

6 Likes

9 Likes

The good news: Pumaman has been surgically enhanced.

The bad news: they restored its long-lost elephant trunk scene.

11 Likes

DAMN IT, MAN

11 Likes

Yes, yes, but is Vadinho still an onion? That’s all that matters to me.

10 Likes

Speaking of Vadinho, I know what they did! They CG face-swapped Vadinho with Robert Z’Dar!

2 Likes

We regret to inform you that Vadinho is now a spinach named Spinch.

2 Likes

This is only acceptable if they rename the character Z’adinho.

12 Likes

:cry:

I’m definitely curious as well! My guess is either an HD transfer of Pumaman, or a higher quality print/A.I. Upscale of the episode, since in the graphic promises “A New Surgically Enhanced Gizmoplex Print of the Episode.” Though bringing in the Rifftrax crew to update riffs would be interesting.

I can’t remember where it was I found it (maybe Reddit), but I know someone took a crack at A.I. upscaling classic MST3K episodes and shared their results, which from what I remembered, looked “PRETTY NICE!”

Whatever the case, I’m interested in seeing what this could mean for future re-releases of classic MST3K episodes (perhaps HD remastered prints on Blu-Ray/DVD/Digital?)

8 Likes

“They shoot a nuke at Pumaman, but he ducks behind a dumpster and survives. Then he shakes his fist and yells NOOOOOOOO!!!”

9 Likes

I suspect this is the case. The easiest low-hanging fruit here would be to simply take the old audio & silhouettes and superimpose them onto a higher quality print of the movie. Theoretically they could do that and it wouldn’t mess with any rights or anything … it would just be the same thing with better print quality.

5 Likes

Honestly, if that’s “all” it is I’ll still be really excited because the quality of the prints they had back then for some of the episodes was ROUGH. The Rifftrax Live print for Giant Spider Invasion is like night and day compared to the one MST3K had.

10 Likes

That is the #1 reason I’m never totally against RiffTrax reriffing movies: the prints are so much better.

7 Likes