The Pumaman is being "surgically enhanced"

Same! it’s supposed to arrive Friday! my birthday present to myself should actually arrive on my birthday! how perfect!

8 Likes

Could it be they have the technology to make Pumaman 3-D?

Which would be quite an accomplishment, considering he was pretty one dimensional to begin with.

8 Likes

:notes:Pumaman
He’s been taking Enzyte🎶

2 Likes

I think here from here on out, it should be pronounced “pyoo-MAY-muhn.”

4 Likes

I’m gonna go with Pew-Mammon

Pew pew! Pew pew pew!

6 Likes

Hey, got a call for you on the nailed it phone.

5 Likes

:scream_cat: GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!

(and don’t get into my car. I mean, you can get into somebody’s car if that’s your thing. But not mine. Because I don’t have one.)

5 Likes

The musical proposal with Lucille Ball: Puma Mame, never got off the ground. :cry: I just know it would’ve been up to 15% more watchable than either Cats, Dancin’, or The Apple.

5 Likes

Would love to see your experiments and results. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Just remembered: It would appear something from this graphic has (mostly) come true!:

6 Likes

In progress! Turns out two years of work is hard to summarize. I might have to give up on a short post, and instead create a very long one. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

But I want a Sing-Along now!!

2 Likes

I hope it’s for a terrible zombie or vampire flick so undead 101 Strings can provide the music. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

To those where were interested in my DIY effort to improve MST3K video quality, I’ve written up the whole thing in detail. Head on over to:

4 Likes

”Zoom in— And Enhance!”

4 Likes

There is a shot in the Rifftrax version that had me thinking “This is a moment of great cinematography.” By moment I mean like three seconds, but it was still impressive.

2 Likes

The rest was likely cut.

“They failed to bring back the Sampo. Sampo. And we shall die of starvation. Sampo

2 Likes

:notes:*He Tried To Kill Me With A Sampo—“*:notes:

No, Wait—

5 Likes

The Kickstarter update for today has a bit more info:

Before you get too excited, no, we do not have access to the original tapes to do a full remaster. Alas, that kind of preservation was not within Best Brains’ reach. We are, however, applying our version of HD-upscaling to this episode, which we are calling “MST3K Surgical Enhancement.”

Not to toot our own horn, but the improvement in image and sound quality is pretty noticeable. Our slogan for this is: “A little less cheesy, and a little more easy… on the eyes.”

So it looks like a combination crop to 16x9, then upscaled to 1080p. The comparison pics give an idea of the cropping, not necessarily the quality of the upscaling.

The cropping is probably fine. You don’t really need all that black space under the silhouettes, and most of the movies were probably open matte and thus have some headroom at the top. The host segment also doesn’t look as cropped, or even cropped at all.

12 Likes