The Sandwich Thread!

So what are your favorite sandwiches?

Chicken sandwich? Peanut butter & jelly? Cucumber sandwiches along with your afternoon tea?

5 Likes

Cubano!

5 Likes

British-style crisp sandwich!

2 Likes

Good ol’ Jimmy John’s (multiple sandwiches)

2 Likes

A char-broiled hamburger sandwich and some French-fried potatoes!

6 Likes

I feel I’ve answered this question before?

Yes, I did…

4 Likes

While I don’t know if it’s my favorite, the beef on weck is a good one. I actually ate one of these when I visited Buffalo, New York.

Beef on weck is the signature sandwich of Buffalo. It is roast beef on a kimmelweck roll (which has carraway seeds and kosher salt) with plenty of horseradish!

4 Likes

A quality Italian beef and cheese. No other toppings.

Ham, pepperoni, and Swiss on whole wheat.

Though once in awhile, my wife will bring Subway home for dinner. Then it’s the Club, with Swiss and mustard (again), and a lot of oregano.

4 Likes

FB_IMG_1710120340332

The whole reason for this thread was Taste Atlas putting out its list of best sandwiches in the world.

IMHO, banh mi deserves its spot on the list. I tried banh mi for lunch at an anime convention I attended; I can’t remember what was in it…but I loved it!

3 Likes

Green Chili Chicken Club on Sourdough, toasted, the works, but no mayo.

th-2840757

2 Likes

I just had a great Reuben earlier today at the Horse Brass here in Portland.
When I’m trying a new restaurant a Reuben is one of the tests I use, assuming it’s on the menu

5 Likes

Italian sub

Meatball sub

Cubano (when it’s done right ie not all fancied up) There is a great hole-in-the-wall Cuban place here that makes an amazing Cubano.

Grilled cheese

6 Likes

Philly cheesesteak, meatball sub, Japanese egg salad, tuna mayo, and the classic PB&J.

3 Likes

shark sandwich

5 Likes

The roast pork sandwich at Tony Luke’s and it ain’t close.

But honorable mention goes to:

• french dip
  • bahn mi
  • italian sub/hoagie
  • monte cristo (special occasions only)
  • a BLT made in mid summer from heirloom tomatoes
  • cubano
  • shrimp po’boy
  • muffeleta

And an extra special mention goes to the po’boy I had at Fatboy’s Seafood Kitchen in Ponchatoula, Louisiana, which had on it fried shrimp, roast beef, french fries, gravy, cheese, lettuce, and tomato. I think it was a special as it doesn’t seem to be on the regular menu. It sounds horrifying but it was really really good.

3 Likes

Cucumber sandwiches are absolutely delectable! I’ve also grown very fond of ham and Swiss!! God, PB&Js, too…so many sandwiches!!!

2 Likes

I also love a good po’boy, and I used to frequently get them when I was in Louisiana or Galveston.

In North Portland there was a restaurant called Eat that I think is closed now. They had a Southern theme and had a po’boy on the menu, but this being Portland, it was served on an artisan demi-baguette. I told someone about this and he said “That’s not a po’boy, that’s a faux’boy.”

7 Likes

My Cubano destination, Ithaca NY

The greatest little sub shop in the middle of nowhere (it’s about the rolls). I think there’s one other business in this podunk crossroads town.

5 Likes

Hmmm… so many great sammiches!

I think my fave is a grilled cheese cheese burger with Texas toast and grated parm on the outside of the bread.

Followed by an Italian beef, cheddar, hot giardiniera peppers, dipped.

A solid PB&J with strawberry jam, Jif PB and butter on the jam side!

I also love a nice Italian sub or a solid BLT!

3 Likes

Before we go any further, I think the OP needs to answer the question, “Is a taco a sandwich?”

This handy chart may help in answering that question:
sandwich_alignment

3 Likes