The Star Wars appreciation thread- Lucas Era...

You still have not explained what is “SJW” about Star Wars. What are you talking about in relation to Star Wars? Maybe some examples?

1 Like

MOD HAT: This has wandered far from the topic of the thread. Let’s get back to discussing the things you LIKE about the Lucas era of the universe, please.

3 Likes

I’ll send it to PM if FS is interested. but yeah, that’s why I really wanted to focus on the lucas era :).

1 Like

At the risk of @LadyShelley’s ire since this isn’t technically about what we like about the Lucas era, but hopefully you’ll let it slide because it’s funny. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I am so hoping he stole it by hiding inside of it.

2 Likes

Perhaps he wore a trenchcoat and merely walked out with it before being picked up by a snowspeeder… :wink:

3 Likes

darwin award :).

Back to the topic at hand. Has anyone ever seen the Gendy Clone Wars series?

I know it’s not as long, and I LOVE his run on Dexters lab. But the art style didn’t really suit SW IMHO, so I never really got around to it:).

2 Likes

Yeah I watched it on Cartoon Network when it first came out, it was good but not always great… However, many of the episodes take place before the other Clone Wars series… and the last couple take place right before the start of Episode 3, so at least parts of that series could be considered canon.

1 Like

If this was indoors it might tempt me to go into Philly, but outdoors in August, not so much:

3 Likes

Which score version are they using? Original or Special Edition?

2 Likes

Yeah. I ain’t goin’ if I can’t hear Yub Nub.

3 Likes

the new song was fine, but it was a tad tooo somber and slow sounding. that’s why yub nub works

3 Likes

I didn’t mind it because it still fit the setting. At least it’s not Jedi Rocks.

3 Likes

so, now thatI’ve got the projector set up down stairs in a more comfortable watching space, i’m going b ack on 1-6. trying to recapture that love disney helped destroy.

I really do think that Episode 1 had the best acting out of them all, with 3 second, and 2 last. oddly enough, portman does better as the rock one emotion queen then as padme. too akward and stalling in delivery. ‘george, am I supposed to say it this way?’ can almost be heard in the delivery.

1 Like

2 Likes