The The Big 'G' Burger

That sounds very tasty.

2 Likes

It definitely is, but get extra napkins. And a bib. And maybe a drop cloth.

2 Likes

Just lay down a tarp.

3 Likes

Bluck! Gizmustard, please!

4 Likes

Gizpesto?

4 Likes

The way my stomach’s been acting up lately, I think I’ll just have the Truck Farmer Special: shredded carrots and light lemon dressing on a bun.

Of course, the chain is so ubiquitous now that it’s hard to believe our universe hasn’t always had the “G” around. It was first created way back in 2967, about a decade after the flagship restaurant’s debut. Historical details are now scarce as to why the burger was dubbed Big “G.” Some believe that it was originally made of goats’ meat instead of beef. Others assert that “G” didn’t refer to the burger at all. But rather to the snappy gabardine uniforms originally worn by the servers.

3 Likes

I feel like gravy is almost always a good idea!

3 Likes
6 Likes

I call mayo “the devil’s a$$ butter,” and I’m certain that it’s expired when it goes in the jar. Squeezy tube. Whatever.

4 Likes

Gizpacho

4 Likes

I have a similar theory about Miracle Whip, but it involves bonobos … I’ll leave it at that.

2 Likes

For some reason, KFCs in Britain love doing weird things. Their Xmas special was basically gravy with everything. Seriously, WTF do they expect me to do with 3 pots of gravy with my chicken burger?! Side note, they also don’t sell biscuits here, which is an abomination unto Nuggan!

1 Like

There used to be a great little drive-in place near where I lived for a couple years. Awesome burgers, great homemade onion rings & fries and they made their own gravy that was amazing good. Even a small side of gravy came in a small tub, and gave you more than you would need for just your side, so we would dip our burgers in there. Tasted brilliant.

Sadly one of the owners decided to retire, and the place was sold off to a couple who just bought premade stuff, and the experience dropped completely. After a couple years they closed down and it was torn down as part of a new development.

2 Likes

You win this round!

3 Likes

Smaller burgers. Or it’s a burger in the shape of a G.

3 Likes

Other than the fact it would totally soak the bun (unless it were really thick gravy I suppose), isn’t that the idea of a loco moco?

5 Likes

It’s just a nice, juicy hamburger sammitch with French fried potato garnish.

5 Likes

They tried to use Zappa’s version of “Air On A G-String” in their promo ads for their limited-time-only bags of G-Sliders in souvenir drawstring bags. But his estate sued. No sense of humor, I guess.

3 Likes

Tears of the Proletariat and Marmite. Or more likely butter, a ham slice, sweet corn, fried egg, sauce.

1 Like

I had to look up what a loco moco is and that looks good, too. Dang I’m hungry!

2 Likes