The Third Dimension of MST3K

YOUR QUESTION:
Are there any movies from older MST3K episode you wished or thought would be better in 3D? Any you are glad weren’t?

NAME TO CREDIT:
Editor

HOW TO PRONOUNCE IT:
same as before :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m sure “Munchie” is a clean sweep for answering “NEVER in 3D”

1 Like

There are a couple of MSTie movies (off the top of my head) that I’ve seen in 3D - Robot Monster and Revenge of the Creature.

Neither one were improved by the 3D. Creature from the Black Lagoon is terrific in 3D, Revenge not so much.

2 Likes

Strictly for the “wtf” factor, I’d love “Catalina Caper” to get the 3D treatment.

1 Like

Outlaw!

1 Like

I think that one’s 3D enough as it is, mister!

Hmmmm.

Mitchell!

:hushed:

I meant it as an anti-3D sentiment. Honest!

Saints preserve us.

1 Like

Wasn’t Robot Monster in 3D? I’d watch Ro-man make collect calls home in 3D.

1 Like

It’s like those cars are merging right at me!

Every genre film back then was in 3D. Kids of the era had to have RB treatment on their retina cones to correct them all continuing to see 3D even after taking off the glasses.

1 Like

I’d love to see Robot Monster in 3D. There’s a restoration project underway for it currently.

Wouldn’t mind MST giving an updated season 1 episode redux with the 3D print for a special event or something.

2 Likes

Shadowrama in 3D? I don’t dare to even imagine it!

1 Like

Surely the world is ready for Hamlet 3-D!

I can just picture ol’ Hamlet doing the full Dr. Tongue 3-D bit with Yorick’s skull.

Dr. Tongue | I am Talky Tina

1 Like

Oooh. Scary stuff Kids.

1 Like

My weekend project was to rewatch the 3D version of The Bubble.

Ooh, boy - so many people sticking things in your face for no reason whatsoever. It’s pretty bad, but still better than the 3D version of Robot Monster where there’s nothing that works in 3D except the ‘Billion Bubbles’ machine. Oof.