The true origin of WHITE DOT (Film at 11)

I have discovered something absolutely amazing! The origin of WHITE DOT! We all thought it just arose in season 13…

BUT…

It predates season 13. In fact, it goes back many years when it was invoked by none other than Crow!

Crow: Oh, DOT. I’ve always wanted to go there.

Do you see it? Do you see? Can you comprehend? WHITE DOT is the origin of DEADLY MANTIS!

And as we all know, “in the kingdom of the living, there is no more fearsome creature than the praying mantis.”

10 Likes

Incredible. I look forward to the documentary.

7 Likes

Or is that just where White Dot’s family is from?

An early emigrant (let’s say its name was “White” as well) settled down in a village somewhere that already had a White living there. As was the convention when there was a chance of confusion, the villagers picked some characteristic to distinguish the newbie, so referring to it as “White of Dot”. White of Dot’s children were also said to be “of Dot”, that became habit, and somewhere over the centuries the “of” was dropped.

4 Likes

Oh, that’s a nice extension of White Dot’s family history.

4 Likes

So you’re saying White Dot has penguins on it.

4 Likes

White Dot has always been here, we’re just finally evolving enough to perceive it.

7 Likes

I’m saying that White Dot’s origins are much earlier and shrouded in mystery. Perhaps as @PitFriend has said, it’s that we’re now prepared for it.

3 Likes

Amazing find. I’m starting to think we need some kind of WHITE DOT SMILES UPON YOU badge for these sorts of scholarly discoveries.

7 Likes

White Dot has been hiding in plain sight for years. Sneaky!

WhiteDotIsEverythingAndNothing

WaffleDot

7 Likes

mst3k424whitedot

Of all the credits that Harold P. Warren made up for Manos, you’d THINK that he would given legitimate props to White Dot for this cameo appearance.

But then again, I think I can understand why White Dot would want to be uncredited there.

5 Likes

So say we all.

2 Likes

Ken Burns’ The White Dot, a 15-part documentary.

Coming this fall to the Gizmoplex.

8 Likes

Lots of slow panning across photos of White Dot’s sepia ancestors?

6 Likes

Supplemented by letters and other documents about how obtuse everyone was. Or is that oblong?

5 Likes

Love the idea. However, I feel there is only one director visionary enough to do such a venture justice:

5 Likes

ABSOLUTELY

Between Crow T. Robot’s Bram Stoker’s The Civil War and Let’s Talk Women!, the bot is a born documentarian.

4 Likes

Too bad he wants to be the creator of special effects laden summer tentpole Hollywood blockbusters like Earth vs. Soup.

5 Likes

We wish that he could find a way to bridge high-culture AND pop-culture like the You Don’t Know Jack games, but… alas.

4 Likes

White Dot can show up in just about anywhere!:

6 Likes

Oh, yes!