• Banana Cream
  • Boysenberry
  • Raspberry
  • Sweet Potato
  • Blackberry
  • Mixed Berry
  • Other

0 voters

Pies! You know 'em. You love 'em. But which is the tastiest pie of them all?

Voting in this poll is limited to dessert pies (no chicken pot pie or Shepherd’s pie or cakes masquerading as pies – I’m looking at you Boston Creme – etc. are allowed).

Sampling all eligible entries is not only permitted, it is encouraged.

Which taste tempting treat will become the MST Pie Champion?

4 Likes

I gotta go caramel!

2 Likes

#TeamChocolateCream

8 Likes

As someone who will eat pretty much anything as long as it has coconut in it, I’m going to have to vote for coconut cream.

Also, you didn’t have gooseberry.

4 Likes

Rhubarb, by damn!!

Silver medal: Peach (don’t forget the splash of brandy before baking!)

Bronze medal: “Black Bottom Butterscotch.” IOW, delicious semi-firm butterscotch custard with a thin layer of semi-sweet chocolate spread on the pie crust before said filling is poured in and baked. It’s a ton of work which is why I haven’t baked one since the later Clinton admin. But I should. It’s incredible!

4 Likes

Gold Medal & Vote: Lemon meringue - I am a total sucker for anything lemon and my mom, who couldn’t bake worth anything, managed a great version of this pie.

Silver: Apple - Just don’t overdo the spices. And peel the apples, darn it!

Bronze: Other - Chocolate cream / French silk - I mean…chocolate cream and a silky topping? Yes please.

4 Likes

3.14% of people spell it “pi” apparently

6 Likes

Inside a Hostess Fruit Pie: Cherry

Otherwise, gimme that Banana Creme pie.

1 Like

lol. I load it up with cardamom and I never peel the apples. :imp:

1 Like

No savoury pies to choose. :frowning:

1 Like

They should really have their own poll.

THIS right here is the gold standard for savory pie, IMHO. You can change the filling. Even omitting the meat if you have vegetarians to impress. Replacing the butter in the veggies themselves with olive oil also doesn’t hurt the flavor at all. Also, if I’m using leftover roast, I dissolve the remaining pan drippings in lieu of bouillon. Finally, the raw carrot and celery will shrink a lot. (Of course.) So it’s fine to add an extra of each if you want to.

2 Likes

Matt Leblanc Wow GIF by NowThis

:rofl: :laughing: :wink:

2 Likes

That is the most useless color scheme I’ve ever seen in a pie chart. 4 shades of white?

That said, I gave my vote to Coconut Creme, but my REAL answer is Snickerdoodle Apple Pie. My wife got the recipe from Pinterest or whatever. It has a snickerdoodle crust, a layer of cheesecake, and apple pie filling.

5 Likes

That sounds wonderful!

1 Like

Yeah. I’m assuming that’s Discourse’s fault. I can distinguish the colors when they are adjacent as in the pie, but I can’t map them to the key underneath with any certainty. Good thing it’s not important and I should just relax :smiley:

I love ALL banana desserts so I had to go banana cream, but right on its heels would be any type of berry (blue, black, or mixed) with peach right behind that. Truth is there’s no such thing as bad pie, unless you go WAY off script and end up with something like “turnip and caramel” in which case we’ll see you over here.

3 Likes

The colors are difficult to differentiate, but if you hold your cursor over a particular segment of the chart, it will identify that flavor and how many votes it has received.

2 Likes

I like how it reacts to mouseover so while not the best color scheme, it is workable.
Edit: Drat! Beaten to the punch.

3 Likes

Dutch Apple is my favorite pie to make, so I chose that.

1 Like

Well I voted for Pecan. But my favorite actually is Boston Creme.

2 Likes

If the pie chart goes nuts, try a different browser.

1 Like