The Unofficial MST (Mmmmm. So Tasty!) Pie Chart

Unless you’re a Hoosier.

Source: Am a Hoosier. Sigh. :frowning:

2 Likes

Geesh, I’d forgotten about that. :woman_facepalming:

Also a Hoosier.

2 Likes

(the audio sync strays a bit by the end, but this was a conversion from a Flash file, so please handle it with grace)

1 Like
  • Chocolate
  • Chocolate and Raspberry
  • Chocolate and Peanut Butter
3 Likes

I’m sensing a theme …

1 Like

What do I choose if I want strawberry rhubarb? That seems to be the go-to in my family.

I chose Cherry, however.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Honestly, there’s no wrong answer. Except sweet potato. That just seems weird.

2 Likes

It’s not, it’s delicious. Honestly. It’s a little like pumpkin pie.

5 Likes

Would it be in your top 10?

1 Like

Probably not, but I wouldn’t turn it down at Thanksgiving (which is when I’ve had it in the past).

3 Likes

I’m kind of surprised about the current lack of popularity for cherry. Right now, it’s losing out to coconut cream by 3 to 1!

I was surprised to learn that there really is a honey pie. I thought that was just a term of endearment/Beatles song.

How about that mock apple pie made with Ritz crackers. Has any one tried that? How is it?

3 Likes

I assumed I would have seen at least one vote for chess pie by now, but those people may still be recovering from their most recent sugar crash.

1 Like

As much as apple pie’s my favorite flavor, why’s there no love for chocolate cream pie?

3 Likes

We’re, of course, all familiar by now with the concept of “specialty breads”. I guess chocolate cream goes under the category of “specialty pies”, or “other” in our poll.

Sorry, I just didn’t think of it when I was trying to come up with pie types. I wasn’t sure how many choices I would be allowed to create in the poll, so I just put in the ones I thought of first. You are not the first one to mention chocolate, so clearly I missed the boat on that one. And I’m a big fan of chocolate in general, but not in pies I guess.

3 Likes

Though I went with Blackberry, it’s really Blackberry Cobbler that is my favorite. Strictly round pies (with upper and lower crusts), it’s Cherry Lattice first, Peach second, and Pumpkin third. I will accept Sweet Potato in lieu of Pumpkin, it’s tasty as well. And I agree with @SuperCutie, Chocolate Chess would be a nice option, but I also understand you want to avoid an infinite pie list.

2 Likes

I made it once way back in the day. It was underwhelming. To quote Frasier Crane, “Nothing spoils an apple pie like apples.”

1 Like

Don’t make me forgive Pinterest for being Pinterest. It HURRRTS!! :sob:

2 Likes

I’m not a big sweets fan, so I went with the tart one: Key lime pie.

4 Likes

How am I the only one (thus far) who has voted for blueberry?!
Blueberry is the best, and that’s a hill I’m willing to die on. :rofl:

4 Likes