The Unofficial OOPS! All Ram Chips™ Thread

Girl in Lovers Lane. The Ending is brutal, with sweet Carrie getting killed, but at least Big Stupid went on to live a boring life with Danny. Ram chip NOW please!

8 Likes

Monster A Go-Go ends terribly but it does end

Ram chip please!

5 Likes

I pointed out to a friend that BSG and LOST were actually the same show, but I hesitated to call BSG ‘Lost. . .in Space!’

But yeah, the same issues in both show: everyone has daddy issues, supposedly competent ‘leaders’ who don’t know how humans work and apparently deep clues not really going anywhere.

Now the good thing about BSG: I really liked that red dress.

4 Likes

Read the rules again.

Kids these days. No work ethic AT ALL. [sigh]

5 Likes

I have said before that I really dislike High School Big Shot because of how depressing the movie itself is, but I will admit that part of the reason is that the actor playing Marv made me care about him. He really wasn’t a bad actor.

(Plus, this episode had the Giant Servo and Mike throwing Tom out of the theater.)

6 Likes

Say what you will about Manos but it lowered the bar to such an extent that there is now, in effect, no bar. It’s a big old ‘thumbs up’ for any half baked idea you can have, if not an outright dare to put it into action. In a creative sense, of course. Yes.

10 Likes

:rofl: Wait. That’s a good thing? Well… :thinking:

I guess in the sense that it keeps us in business. Okay, I’ll allow it. :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Ooh, ooh, Lost continent. Bad thing, rock climbing. Good thing, Sid Melton’s character dies near the end.

4 Likes

I usually like when MST3K does Japanese stuff, but there’s a meanness to Invasion of the Neptune Men that’s very off-putting.

However, I do like the design of the bad guys. They’re very 50’s kitsch

5 Likes

I’ve never liked 702 - The Brute Man EXCEPT for:

Mr Haskins, the world’s grrrummmpiest grocer!

He made Mike laff off script, which is one of my favorite MST3K moments!

Do I get a RAM chip? Preferably a nicely aged DDR2 :yum: it’s the sharp cheddar of RAM.

12 Likes

We just rewatched The Unearthly. It’s painfully slow and static…but it’s not a bad take on the “fringe scientist looking for the secret to eternal youth” trope. Plus, it might work as a play.

4 Likes

My Ram Chip for that one is Nathalie. She’s so charming and fun and they can’t wait to mess her up. Then the “heroes” just forget about her because Oh yuck she’s ugly now! [rants for an hour while everyone else mutes me]

5 Likes

I do like the photo-graph-ic effects in The Amazing Transparent Man. I mentioned it once before, but in that one, there’s a scene where Faust knocks out Julian and is preparing to tie him up. He gets a sheet and starts tearing pieces off of it and then throws the rest of it at the camera. There’s a cut and he’s finishing tying Julian up. Honestly, I was impressed by the effect.

3 Likes

There’s a reason for that. DC Comics sued the pants off Jerry Warren for violating the Batman copyright. He later re-released the movie, with the added scene at the start, and called it She Was A Hippie Vampire. More recent edits kept the new scene but restore the original title, which is what they used on MST3K.

And now you know the rest of the story. Good day!

8 Likes

The Magic Voyage of Sinbad

Bad Thing: It wasn’t really Sinbad and was redubbed from a Russian folk talke.

Good Thing: It was probably the first instance of a bard being useful in fantasy history.

Where’s my ramchip?

5 Likes

I love the back and forth on that.

DC had an existing character named Batwoman, but she’d only appeared for a few issues in the late 50s, failed to catch on as a love interest for Batman, and had quickly been forgotten. With the popularity of the 1966 Batman show, Jerry Warren decided to jump on the bandwagon with a campy bat-themed superhero, starring his favorite busty actress (who would continue to appear in his movies right through to Frankenstein Island, which you can find riffed by the good folks over at Rifftrax). DC sued, but Warren had already made a decent bundle off the movie. He then, as mentioned, re-released it under a new title a couple of years later and made more money. But DC, realizing they’d left themselves vulnerable, created a new character in response to the whole situation. Which is how we got Batgirl (Commissioner Gordon’s niece, Barbara Gordon). She was introduced in the comics in tandem with her debut appearance on the TV show, and soon became an integral part of the Batman family. Barbara is the most popular and enduring thing to have come of the whole situation.

And now you know more of the rest of the story!

8 Likes

There are a few Ram Chips I could throw in myself. Susie’s little monologue on the lake shore from Skydivers has a pleasingly noir-ish feel to it. (Not long after the quip about how her boyfriend is afraid to go to Heaven because he won’t find her there. Also good.)

“My pa. He gave me everything. He gave me too much. We were always alone together. He didn’t think I needed anybody else. He followed me everywhere. Everywhere.”

These lines really deserved a better movie to be in. (They can’t do anything to make the acidified chute business sound logical. That’s for sure.)

6 Likes

It also has the dude off camera making the telephone ring with his mouth and that is still the funniest thing to me. I love that it didn’t get edited. It’s beautiful.

10 Likes

My Ram Chip from here is the threat of a memorable surf-rock theme breaking out as the credits first appear. Of course, it was not to be.

3 Likes

I usually don’t get THAT disappointed when a movie moment doesn’t end up as an MST3K stinger, but the phone noise moment was so transcendentally terrible that it hurt to see something/anything else as the stinger.

9 Likes