The Unofficial OOPS! All Ram Chips™ Thread

Battle of the Bars:

Who wore it better? Shrews or Pod People

3 Likes

I’m glad you could see Anne Margaret’s talent shine through Kitten with a Whip. She actually has a long career and was awesome through most of it. She was an accomplished singer and dancer as well as actress and is still acting.

5 Likes

Eegah! is pretty bad but I think Richard Kiel was trying his best. He did manage to make me feel sorry for Eegah.

8 Likes

Thanks, R.O.T.O.R., for giving detcord at least some of the attention it deserves more of.

3 Likes

HOBGOBLINS is the most difficult movie for me to endure.

What I like about it? There are explosions, springboard stunts, and a rake v. hoe fight. This movie has more action than Daphne’s hips during her mating dance! The violence is a fun counteraction to the Deep Hurting we get as an audience.

5 Likes

She was great in Bye Bye Birdie, a movie I watched on repeat on the Disney Channel in the early '90s.

2 Likes

The Loves of Hercules is chock full of bad acting. There’s some production value there, but the acting is abysmal. However, I will say that the worst of them is Mickey Hargitay. He’s soooooo bad, but he’s also my good thing about the movie because it’s obvious that he’s trying soooooo hard. He’s not one who is phoning it in. He has memorized his lines and his blocking and he’s doing his level best to achieve something. He’s one who just lacks the ability to act, but he’s trying, and I appreciate effort, even when it’s an abysmal failure.

6 Likes

I love Richard Kiel, he’s great in all his MST appearances. He’s pretty much the only good thing about Eegah.

He’s so damn earnest, it’s hard not to like him. It feels like the movie was just made for him and his wife to have fun acting together, like an especially expensive home movie. The movie is so bad (and I say that as a fan of the MST Hercules films), but I can’t be mad at it while they’re on screen with each other. It’s sweet.

6 Likes

The Human Duplicators, too. The only ones to leave any impression from that movie were him and the one who played main character’s partner, or assistant, or whatever she was.

5 Likes

I looked it up: Gayle Wilson (Barbara Nichols). “Girlfriend and fellow agent.” [wiki]

I didn’t realize she was also “Poopsie” in The Pajama Game ! Maybe she didn’t get a lot of important or A-List roles, but she packed a fair amount of work into a short life.

3 Likes

Unpopular opinion: I’ve never been a big Manos fan, even though it’s a classic of the series. I do think the concept of the movie is good, and could have been really creepy if made by someone with more experience than earnestness, but [tangent warning], you know that scene in the Firefly episode “Safe” when Kaylee and Inara are browsing in a local store and see a crudely carved bird? Kaylee thinks it’s a swan; Inara says maybe, if it was carved by someone who didn’t know what swans are supposed to look like. Then Kaylee says that’s why she likes it- it was made by someone who really wanted to see a swan and tried to make that happen. Manos is that deformed swan. Don’t care for the episode, but gotta appreciate the heart of making it.

10 Likes

I’ve said it before, but I love the way he delivers the line “BUT YOU WILL, SIR.”

3 Likes

The Unearthly.

1 Like

Shrews for sure; everything else in that movie was just satellites orbiting the bar.

3 Likes

That print is so terrible that I don’t even remember a bar. I’ll have to go look for it. :smiley: :cocktail:

1 Like

Hercules Against The Moon Men is one of the worst films they riffed and rightfully worthy of the Deep Hurting segment. The sand storm is the very definition of blatant padding. One good thing? I didn’t even notice Hercules was played by a different actor (Alan Steel) than the other Hercules movies they riffed (Steve Reeves).

Ram chip please

3 Likes

At the end of Event Horizon, I said, “That movie was bad but the sound effects person should win an Oscar.”

3 Likes

I’ll do a slightly Off-B’way and more generalized Ram Chip by defending ACI.

No matter how terrifying those grass masks and the like are, at least they’re not Funko Pops. (Blecchh!!) In that when you tire of your grass earrings or your cylinder/box flying robot, it will quietly rejoin the soil from whence it came and not just become part of another damn ocean garbage patch.

So there!!

3 Likes

Hamlet is a marvel of Brutalist set design. That is all.

6 Likes

I genuinely liked Parts: The Clonus Horror. A very intriguing, disturbing story premise that was expanded upon well in the movie.
Also Santa Claus Conquers the Martians because it was just a fun little story. The Martians were a good mix of menacing and goofy as the story required. And I like the notion of Dropo being delegated to be Mars’ Santa Claus. Hopefully if Elon Musk tries any colonizer nonsense, Dropo and the Martian kids will throw toys at him!

6 Likes