The Voices of Joel's Bots Are?

Who are we taking bets are voicing Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot on Joel’s two solo episodes in Season 13? J. Elvis Weinstein I ran into as a suggestion for Tom and Bill Corbett for Crow. Is that probable?

4 Likes

Josh Weinstein might be a good bet, since he’s been willing to do more with the show lately. He is a pretty busy writer and film director, but he also did Cinematic Titanic, and the commitment to a few Season 13 episodes would be much less time-wise.

I know Bill Corbett also made an appearance in the Netflix seasons, and riffed that charity short with Joel Hodgson and Josh Weinstein, but his primary commitment, writing, riffing, and otherwise, is Rifftrax. So, he might?

I admit I don’t have a better guess for Crow. It probably won’t be Trace Beaulieu, because he and Frank Conniff haven’t been involved in the revival in any way and are both doing The Mads. And it might be weird having a classic Tom like Josh Weinstein and one of the revival Crows, but I guess if everyone’s willing. Maybe Chris Pratt? Timely!

5 Likes

There is not a rumor going around that it’ll be George Wendt and John Ratzenberger.

12 Likes

Bill said that’s the last time he’s doing Crow. He is moving on.

6 Likes

Lol, this would be amazing

1 Like

Bobcat Goldthwait and Gilbert Gottfried.

8 Likes

Joel will be doing all the voices. Everyone will be very confused.

10 Likes

“It’s just one guy!”

9 Likes

Mel Blanc?

6 Likes

“Row, Row, Row your boat…”

1 Like

He may have 6 months ago. I haven’t a clue who else it could be. Half a year places it right around when the Kickstarter finished. Bill joining that screening of Werewolf (1996) much as Elvis did with Untamed Youth (1957) raised a few eyebrows. Candidly Josh I’m fairly confident in linked to his prominence in Season 12. Crow? We’ll have to sit back and watch. Two episodes isn’t that huge a gig in the scheme of things.

1 Like

My bet is Grant Baccioco, since he was the voice of Crow on two tours, including one with Joel.

5 Likes

But didn’t he already film episodes with Emily? How would the overlap be explained?

I know. I know. “Simply just relax…” :wink:

Yeah Grant’s a good guess. He’s already the West-coast Crow puppeteer so why not also provide the voice? It’s only confusing if he shares a scene with M. Waverly.

2 Likes

Well, technically, Grant (@themwaverly) voiced AND puppeteered Crow during the 30th Anniversary Tour. I’m not too sure about the other tour, though.

3 Likes

Yeah, my guess would probably be Grant Baciocco as Crow and Tim Ryder as Servo. They both have experience performing them for the live shows, but haven’t had the chance yet on the actual show, so it’d be nice to see. Maybe have J. Elvis as GPC again, like back in the KTMA days, just for the joke of it all.

6 Likes

Jonah and Emily ARE* Servo and Crow IN Joel’s episodes.

*(they probably are not)

8 Likes

They’re not operating puppets either, just wearing Tom and Crow cosplay outfits, and this is never commented upon.

9 Likes

They got four puppeteers each on those for some reason.

1 Like