The Wordle (& Friends) Thread: SPACE? MOVIE? ROBOT?

Wordle 818 4/6

:yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

WordleBot
Skill 92/99
Luck 47/99

Tried phrazle today (4/6) but that’s too much work :slight_smile:

Connections
Puzzle #96
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:purple_square::purple_square::purple_square::purple_square:
:blue_square::blue_square::blue_square::blue_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:

2 Likes

Wordle 818 4/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square: STARE
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square: LEARN
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square: COURT

3 Likes

Wordle 818 6/6 (whew!)

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square: LEAST
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square: GROUP
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: INERT
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: CHERT
:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: EVERT
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: EXERT

#waffle602 0/5

:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square:

Another really close one

squareword.org 592: 8 guesses

:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: CHARS
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: RECAP
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square: INTRO
:green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square: SNEER
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square: PADRE

<6::green_square: <11::yellow_square: <16::orange_square: 16+::red_square:
#squareword #squareword592

Connections
Puzzle #96
:blue_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::blue_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:purple_square::purple_square::purple_square::purple_square: (really?? That one is a stretch, kids)

And still working on squardle 60/75 with 56 (eep!) bonus words

3 Likes
  • Squaredle complete with four dud words, including the Dud Word of the Day. Hold please.
  • Express complete with one dud word.
  • FIVE STARS on the day’s Waffle.
  • Five stars on the Shuffle Game: :arrow_backward: :arrow_backward: :arrow_down_small: :arrow_backward: :arrow_down_small: :arrow_up_small: :repeat:
  • No flubs on the WordAll.

8 guesses

:green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square:CHARS
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:RECAP
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:INTRO
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:SNEER
:yellow_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:PADRE

#squareword #squareword592

Great sign when my starting letter-filling word still leaves me with 24 out 25 blanks.

Adverswordle #559

:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square: JOKER
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square: LONER
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square: FOYER
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square: SOBER
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square: DOPER
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square: HOVER
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: MOWER
:black_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: TOWER
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: COWER

Score: 9

I barely had to try today! (Not that there’s any difficulty in this one.)

Daily Duotrigordle #562
Guesses: 36/37
:one::five: :three::five: :one::six: :one::seven:
:three::four: :zero::four: :three::six: :one::eight:
:one::nine: :two::zero: :zero::five: :two::one:
:two::two: :two::three: :zero::seven: :zero::six:
:two::five: :two::four: :two::six: :two::seven:
:two::eight: :two::nine: :three::one: :three::two:
:three::three: :zero::eight: :one::zero: :zero::nine:
:one::three: :one::two: :one::one: :one::four:

Two words I was hoping I would never have to type made its way onto the word list today. WELP.

Connections
Puzzle #96
:blue_square::blue_square::yellow_square::blue_square:Keep trying
:purple_square::purple_square::purple_square::purple_square:Sounds like a pair of letters
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:v. to emit light
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:Gymnastics equipment
:blue_square::blue_square::blue_square::blue_square:Bovids, whatever that means

I cheated on this one because I had no idea where to start.

4 Likes

Wordle
818 4/6
:yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

My wife’s Wordle group is all gymnastics judges and coaches. There was much wailing and gnashing of teeth over today’s connections.

Connections
Puzzle #96
:blue_square::green_square::blue_square::blue_square:

4 Likes

Floor is a bit of a cheat, isn’t it?

2 Likes

Not really. I guess they could have used Floor exercise but that would give it away.

2 Likes

FLOOR is perfectly acceptable so all good there. It was more an issue that HORSE is outdated for VAULT, while BEAM is standard women’s apparatus. Men compete on pommel horse which isn’t called just HORSE and …

They just weren’t happy about the whole situation.

2 Likes

Wordle 818 5/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square:

Wow, that’s the worst I’ve ever done on connections…
Connections
Puzzle #96
:yellow_square::blue_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:blue_square::blue_square::green_square::blue_square:

4 Likes

https://squaredle.com 09/15:
75/75 words (+66 bonus words)
:open_book: In the top 2% by bonus words

2 Likes

That’s interesting. Mostly I find it easier than the others. The hardest thing is trying to think of good longer words.

Phrazle 1030: 4/6
:yellow_square::white_large_square::purple_square::yellow_square::white_large_square: :white_large_square::white_large_square::purple_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square: :white_large_square::purple_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: :yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: :green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
#phrazle

Well, that, and figuring out the phrase when it’s short words.

#waffle603 5/5

:green_square::star::green_square::star::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::star::green_square::green_square:

:fire: streak: 42
:2nd_place_medal: #wafflesilverteam

Can’t recall the last time I didn’t get 5/5 on waffle. I guess it’s only been a couple of months.

nerdlegame 605 2/6

:black_large_square::black_large_square::purple_square::black_large_square::purple_square::green_square::black_large_square::purple_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Heh.

6/7 weaver

Wordle 819 2/6

:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:

Connections
Puzzle #97
:blue_square::blue_square::blue_square::purple_square:
:blue_square::blue_square::purple_square::blue_square:
:purple_square::purple_square::purple_square::blue_square:
:blue_square::blue_square::purple_square::blue_square:

meh

Phrazle 1031: 2/6
:green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square: :white_large_square::white_large_square::purple_square::yellow_square::purple_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: :green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
#phrazle

2 Likes

Wordle 819 4/6*

:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square: DEALT 38 words left
:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::yellow_square: FALSE 8
:black_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square: CLEAN 1

WordleBot
Skill 91/99
Luck 56/99

4 Likes

Wordle 819 5/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:

Connections
Puzzle #97
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::purple_square:
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::purple_square:

4 Likes

Good puzzle day today.

Wordle 819 5/6

:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square: LEAST
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::white_large_square: RELAX
:white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square: CAMEL
:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square: APPEL
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: ANGEL

#waffle603 4/5

squareword.org 593: 8 guesses

:green_square::green_square::green_square::yellow_square::green_square: GLOBE
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: REPEL
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square: AGILE
:yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square: MANIC
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: SLEET

#squareword #squareword593

Connections
Puzzle #97

https://squaredle.com 09/16:
*30/30 words (+5 bonus words)
:open_book: In the top 18% by bonus words

3 Likes

Yeah, I think the jump from 5 letters to 6 on yesterday’s was where it got hard. Also I’ve never done it before so I don’t have any go-to starter words like I do with Wordle.

Wordle 819 4/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square:
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square:

WordleBot
Skill 94/99
Luck 51/99

Connections
Puzzle #97

3 Likes
  • Squaredle complete with two conjugations of the Dud Word of the Day. “Bumfuzzle” is a funny word.
  • Express complete.
  • One star on the day’s Waffle.
  • SIX STARS on the Shuffle Game: :arrow_up_small: :arrow_forward: :arrow_down_small: :arrow_up_small: :arrow_up_small: :arrow_forward:
  • No flubs on the WordAll.

11 guesses

:yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square:GLOBE
:yellow_square::yellow_square::orange_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:REPEL
:green_square::yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::green_square:AGILE
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:MANIC
:yellow_square::green_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square:SLEET

#squareword #squareword593

YIKES.

Adverswordle #560

:black_large_square::yellow_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square: BEANS
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::yellow_square: VOICE
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square: POWER
:black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::green_square::green_square: HOMER
:black_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::green_square::green_square: GOFER
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: FOYER

Score: 6

Welp.

Connections
Puzzle #97
:yellow_square::purple_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:Trying to find the right one…
:yellow_square::purple_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:Mean red herring in this one
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:Chess terms
:blue_square::blue_square::blue_square::blue_square:Fairy tale creature
:purple_square::purple_square::yellow_square::purple_square:
:purple_square::purple_square::purple_square::purple_square:Things following “I Love”
:yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::yellow_square:Peanuts characters

Having “Lucy” as the foiler for a category about Peanuts is real mean move.

3 Likes

Wordle 819 6/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square: STARE
:white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square::green_square::white_large_square: PANED
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square: FOUND
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::yellow_square: WHILE
:green_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square: ALLEN

3 Likes

I looked at todays Connections but didn’t finish it, although I played enough to get the Peanuts category. I figured the trick was to leave out one of the obvious ones, so I was able to get it. Maybe that’s a strategy. The blue and purple categories I had no clue and didn’t even try to get.

The real strategy, I gather, would be to get the categories without a spoiler first, but that wasn’t going to happen today.

3 Likes

Phrazle 1032: 3/6
:green_square::purple_square::purple_square: :white_large_square::purple_square::purple_square::yellow_square: :white_large_square::purple_square: :white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square: :yellow_square::yellow_square::purple_square::green_square: :white_large_square::yellow_square: :white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square: :green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: :green_square::green_square: :green_square::green_square:
#phrazle

Speak of the devil. I was just talking about how I hadn’t screwed up in a month.

#waffle604 4/5

:fire: streak: 43
:2nd_place_medal: #wafflesilverteam

nerdlegame 606 3/6

:black_large_square::purple_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::black_large_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:purple_square::green_square::purple_square::black_large_square::purple_square::green_square::black_large_square::black_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

8/10 weaver

Wordle 820 3/6

:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:yellow_square::white_large_square::yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

Skunked!

Connections
Puzzle #98
:blue_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:purple_square::purple_square::yellow_square::green_square:
:blue_square::purple_square::green_square::blue_square:
:blue_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:

Phrazle 1033: 3/6
:white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::purple_square::green_square: :white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square: :purple_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::green_square::yellow_square::purple_square::green_square: :green_square::green_square::white_large_square: :white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square: :green_square::green_square::green_square: :green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square::green_square:
#phrazle

3 Likes

Wordle 820 5/6

:yellow_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:white_large_square::white_large_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:
:green_square::green_square::green_square::white_large_square::white_large_square:

Connections
Puzzle #98
:green_square::green_square::blue_square::green_square:
:green_square::green_square::blue_square::green_square:
:green_square::blue_square::blue_square::green_square:

4 Likes