The wrestling sketch is a plague

Over the weekend I started complimenting my wife with the wrestling sketch voices and now I can’t stop.

It’s like my face got stuck this way, but instead of my tongue sticking out forever I can’t stop shout-growling compliments and calling my wife “Brotherrrrrrrrr.” You know what happens when you do that to your significant other in the shower? Well, I won’t tell you here because this is a family show.

It’s only a matter of time before I grit my teeth at someone at work and roar “You’re doing a fantastic job!” and try to chest-bump them but Mean Jonah won’t be there to keep us apart and then I’ll have to go to HR and explain that I’m just an impressionable youth corrupted by depictions of overwhelming and deeply confusing positivity.

Curse you, robots.

I’m on Team Forrester now.

You’ll rue the day.

15 Likes

I ADMIRE YOU AND THE VALUES YOU STAND FOR, BROTHER

11 Likes

Also, god-tier host segment. Instantly jumps to the shortlist of the best of the best of the best.

You were right to incorporate that host segment into aspects of your non-MST3K-watching life.

8 Likes

It’s an instant classic for sure.

I am not a licensed marriage therapist, so I say continue on with your approach.

7 Likes

@Longmile149 LISTEN UP YOU DELIGHTFUL AND ARTICULATE HUMANNNN! I really enjoyed your post! That’s right, it MADE ME SMILE and LIFTED MY SPIRIT! YOU HEARRRRD ME! Oh, and there’s plenty more where that came from! You’ve inspired me to start paying more compliments, even if they’re silly! YOU MAKE ME A KINDER PERSON, BROTHERRRRRRRR!

17 Likes

meangeneSCREAMS

KIND WORDS FROM A KIND COMMENTATOR! THIS IS PANDEMONIUM!

11 Likes

Triple H Wrestling GIF by WWE
Then we got two words for ya…

Thank you.

It’s always nice to be thanked.

10 Likes

Rue the day? Who talks like that?

9 Likes

Whattayou gonna do when these 60-inch pythons SMASH that like button and earn you a ‘Nice Topic’ badge?!?!

9 Likes

lol

I’LL TELL YOU WHAT BRRROTHER, I’VE KNOWN COMPLIMENTS, SEEN LIKES AND POSITIVE REACTS YOU PEOPLE WILL SHOWER UPON EACH OTHER. I’VE BEEN TO FORUMS AND CHAT ROOMS ACROSS THE WEB AND BACK…THE INTERNET! I’VE STOOD ON THE EDGE OF A THREAD BOUND FOR THE HEIGHTS OF POSITIVE FEEDBACK WITH TEARS IN MY EYES WATCHING MISTIES COMPLIMENT EACH OTHER ON THE SHOULDER OF PUPPETS, BROTHERR, OH YEEEEAAH. I’VE FELT JOY IN MY HEART, TESTING THE GIZMOPLEX ON VARIOUS DEVICES AND SEEN NEGATIVITY BURN LIKE A MATCH AND DISAPPEAR. I’VE SEEN IT, FELT IT…!

8 Likes

No point in writing comedy if you can’t unleash a plague or two.

9 Likes

Recc’d for the Real Genius reference. Also, fun fact! The year before I moved in, the exterior shots of Kent’s room in the movie were shot using my dorm room. My first year I must have heard a hundred people, just walking by, saying “You’ve gone too far this time, Knight! You’ll rue the day!”

4 Likes

frasierrue

3 Likes