Theater interior design

First, love the carpet. I think the only other carpet that is anywhere close as “pop-culture” is the old PDX airport carpet, and that’s a diiiiiiiistant second.

But…white oak plank hardood floors? In a theater? I know it’s less “fun”, but a carpet would be much more fitting. When I look at this theater, I feel like it’s going to be echo-y, and I’ll hear people walk by, “clomp, clomp, clomp” in their heeled shoes… Ha!

It looks empty because there’s no side walls. If it has side walls, it would give additional surfaces for decor, like cool-shaped sconces, or posters. If they were posters, maybe they could be randomly-selected titles from your library that you could click to like a “shuffle” feature. If they were lights, maybe they could be interactive, like maybe one flickers, or maybe it could change the color of the lighting or curtains, etc. Although…perhaps he lack of side walls is to that the theater can flex to all sorts of unusual aspect ratios and resolutions.

In a Gizmoplex 2.0, a 3D avatar that could sit in the seats for group watch events with audio, where you’d only see them from the back, but your character would move (including maybe their mouth) when you speak, so it looks like you’re all hanging out together. Or…is that getting a bit to “metaverse”? Ha!

4 Likes

I like the hardwood, looks classy, breaks up the carpet pattern nicely, feels a bit more open - though it is true that hardwood reflects sound… however, the carpet it has would counter that and allow for good acoustics.

I’m team hardwood.

In the Livestream preview, I think Ivan spoke about having people in the seats, and that we’d all be getting cambots, so maybe it’ll be a theater full of cambots? (or am I misremembering that?)

4 Likes

Wait…

Is this where I obnoxiously reply “That’s what she said “?

:thinking:

3 Likes

That’s when you call on these fine gentlemen for comment:

5 Likes

In my mind, the flooring is Ultra High Quality Wood Look Vinyl.
Easier to hose down, than regular wood flooring, or carpet.
Because drinks are going to spill, and Jujubes do like to stick.

5 Likes

How many times?

Pop is not allowed in the theater!

4 Likes

HA!!! The jokes on you, 'cause I got iced water.

4 Likes

It’s my medicine.

4 Likes

Next thing you know they won’t let us bring our own beer!

Eddieintheater

6 Likes

The carpet from “The Shining” is great. Needs some toy cars that Danny left.

2 Likes