Theatre Seats

I like to count the number of visible theatre seats. I’ve noticed in the classic series they have seven visible seats. In the movie, they have eleven visible seats. And in the new series they have ten visible seats. I was wondering, can anyone recall an instance where the number of seats was different? Also, am I the only one who thinks about this kind of stuff?

7 Likes

Awesome, I’ve always wondered!

Have you done KTMA yet?

5 Likes

I went and counted in one KTMA episode (Gamera vs. Guiron) and there were nine, but I had thought there were more, so I looked at a different episode (Legend of Dinosaurs) and there were eleven. So they weren’t consistent in the KTMA season. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

You’re not the only one. I’ve noticed the variations in the style of the seats – height, rounded corners, space between them. I’ve done a lot of Photoshop/cleanup work with MST3K images, so I’ve been up close and personal with the seats on a few occasions.

8 Likes

Y’know, I have watched to see if the bots change positions. I’ve never seen it happen, but I am not the most observant person.

4 Likes

Blasphemy!!

3 Likes

You guys are all the absolute best! You did that work for me, so I’ll make sure to do some science in your names. fair trade?

4 Likes

As a science teacher, that sounds like a perfect trade! :nerd_face:

4 Likes