Themed Horror Movie Marathons

Halloween is almost here and so is my annual Halloween Horrorfest Movie Marathon. This is, as the name suggests, me just vegetating for the night with some snacks plus 4 or 5 (or more) films. This started out as just a random bunch every year but I eventually started picking my films by a chosen theme. I don’t pick more than one film per series (unless the series is the theme) and I also like to include a film that I either haven’t seen before or at least haven’t seen in a very long time. Other than that, pretty much anything goes.

This year the theme is “Possessed Possesions” - films that feature a normally innocuous inanimate object:

1. Christine (1983) *
  2. The Babadook (2014) *
  3. Amityville Horror: The Evil Escapes (1989) I think several Amityville films would qualify for this theme. I chose this months ago so it’s amusing to see that Rifftrax also chose this film
  4. Ring (1998)
  5. The Picture of Dorian Gray (1945) I haven’t seen this before so this is my “new pick”

*I planned this months ago but forgot to check which day of the week it fell on. Sunday night is quiz night so that kind of knocks the first 2 out. If I still have some energy in the tank after Dorian Gray I’ll watch Christine then.

So what would your horror movie marathon’s theme be and what films would you choose? It’s just a bit of fun so connection to the theme can be as tenuous as you want. They don’t even have to be films as TV specials are allowed too.

4 Likes