Theories about the plot point from 1301's closing host segment

[a meteor crashes into the Gizmoplex]

Kinga to Max: “The Gizmoplex! We’re ruined! Now our only option is to turn to Dr. Cabal, the strange financier from the future! That is the last thing we need!”

So, any theories or speculation about the enigmatic Dr. Cabal?

Is a mysterious new Mad set to land on the scene, or will this be some character from MST3K’s past that we’ve seen before? What makes this Dr. Cabal so strange? What does it mean that this individual has apparently come from the future to fund Kinga Forrester? How does Dr. Cabal eat and breathe?

Let’s hear what you’ve got!

5 Likes

I think it’s going to be a familiar face, either a former cast member, a current cast member or a guest star from the Netflix era.

Either way, I’m curious about Dr. Cabal too!

2 Likes

also starring
Paul Verhoeven
as
Dr. Cabal

1 Like

Oh, great — more time travel shenanigans. :cold_sweat:

Maybe it’s “Future Guy” from Star Trek: Enterprise. That particular plot thread was left dangling when the show was canceled.

1 Like

Are you ready for this?

Dr Cabal… is us!! We are the group from the future who will stop at nothing, even time travel, to finance the experiments that we love so much.

Or, alternately, Cabal is a madman whose evil schemes will be defeated so that the Kickstarters can take his place at season’s end.

The Gizmoplex must go on!

6 Likes

Hahaha!

The clue was in the Santo movie. Write his name and look at it in the mirror. He’s really Dr. Labac!

3 Likes

Matt LeBlanc?

1 Like

How You Doin Flirting GIF

3 Likes

I’d love for it to be Werner Herzog

Or someone doing Herzog, with his wild eyed, unhinged sidekick, Klaus.

2 Likes

I have a dream - and that dream would be Trace.

3 Likes

Honestly, I could see this happening.

3 Likes

Where do I pick up my lab coat?

2 Likes

Labac is staying! Labac is staying!

3 Likes

I love this so much I’m not even bothering to come up with an alternative theory. I hope this is it.

2 Likes

Joe Don Baker in the role of a lifetime . . . Dr. Mitchell Geronimo Cabal, Raisin Snail magnate and transepochal financier.

2 Likes

So, Paul F Tompkins?

Appears I managed to get it right!

I like the new character a lot. Interested to see what else they’re planning with him!

2 Likes