There is a new episode of MST3K this week.

[guffaws about the “when you also wear white to the wedding” masks thing]

Also also, welcome to the forums! Glad to have you and @Erin_Lilley_Smith here, can’t wait to see y’all weigh in on the new episode! :smiley:

6 Likes

Welcome! Glad you’re here! I’m giddy with anticip…

…ation!

9 Likes

Welcome to the the cult, er community, Thomas and @Erin_Lilley_Smith!

Enjoyed reading the article at al.com today.

https://www.al.com/life/2022/06/heres-the-story-behind-demon-squad-the-alabama-film-featured-on-mst3k.html

Didn’t realize how close to me (and some favorite spots) the movie was filmed.

9 Likes

I always have respect for people who go out and create and y’all did that. This is like seeing your tv show spoofed in MAD Magazine or song parodied by Weird Al, I imagine, and I’m so glad you get to enjoy it and happy you’re here with us to have fun!

7 Likes

@mattmcg22 will not rest until everyone is muted.

3 Likes

Some people just like to watch the world burn. Matt is one of those people.

2 Likes

Can You Hear Me Zoom GIF by South Park

4 Likes

@Erin_Lilley_Smith I don’t know if you’ll see this, but I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed Demon Squad. I don’t normally “spoil” myself by watching the movies from new episodes unriffed, but the trailer for Demon Squad caught my eye. I’ve watched it several times since. It’s such a fun, heartfelt movie that reminded me of both the Harry Dresden books and Cast a Deadly Spell (That would make a great double feature).

Long story short, thank you for making such an entertaining movie and welcome to the forum.

9 Likes

Oh, my goodness! Thank you!! I’m going to show this to Thomas, too. I know he’ll appreciate it, too. This means a lot, and I’m so glad you enjoyed it!

8 Likes

You’re welcome!

6 Likes

Man, it’s going to be really tempting to watch the episode early, but I do think I’m ultimately going to save myself for the livestream premiere.

4 Likes

I also watched it ahead of time, and enjoyed it a lot. I think it and Dr. Mordrid are definitely the best movies MST is doing this season.

And I almost always enjoy the show more when I also have fondness for the movie. I’m looking forward to tomorrow’s episode.

5 Likes

OMG! What an awesome bit of reporting and interviews. Thank you for the link. I cannot wait for tomorrow!!! Congrats to the filmmakers for getting this made on a micro-budget!

BTW, I spent a really fun weekend in Mobile for a wedding back in the day. Great downtown

5 Likes

ACK! Y’all! There’s a new episode of MST3K this weekend! With Joel! Aaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!!!
Angry Season 6 GIF by The Office

6 Likes

That is so nice of you to say! I’m glad you had fun watching it, and we’re really looking forward to the riffs tomorrow!

6 Likes

Lawrence Specker did a great job on the article! Thank you so much! Im so glad you had fun in Mobile, too. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

For some reason, I’ve been especially excited for Demon Squad. It just looks like a fun movie to riff. Now that we know it’s going to be Joel, I’m ecstatic.

9 Likes

I didn’t know anything about Demon Squad going in, but the trailer material for the movie/episode makes this look like a very fun ride!

4 Likes

I make it a point to go into these as uninformed about the movie as possible so that I can riff it off the cuff.

4 Likes

It’s on, it’s on right now.