There’s a bad moon on the rise, but an even badder hero will throw the bad guys into orbit! This is YOUR OPEN THREAD for tonight’s HERCULES AGAINST THE MOON MEN Watch Party at 8PM EDT!

THE FURTHER MISADVENTURES AND GOINGS-ON OF THE MOON ARE GOING EVEN FURTHER TONIGHT!

This is your official thread for the third night of our Mods’ Choice Community Watch Party series, “What’s Up with the Moon?”

Tonight, it’s our distinct pleasure to present the green cheese that is Hercules Against the Moon Men from Season 4!

My Cheesesteak

This watch party is thoroughly unofficial and absolutely unauthorized, which means that if you bring a Little Caesar’s pizza box into the Gizmoplex, you have to remember to throw it away afterwards. The Mads must never know that we were here.

This also applies to any and all cheesesteak wrappers, since our hero IS technically My Cheesesteak, uh, I mean, Maciste in the original Italian version of the movie.

As this is a classic MST3K episode, it should be available to everyone. You can either watch your own copy or stream the episode for free at the Gizmoplex:

Or in the Gizmoplex Virtual Theater (but remember: if you’re watching tonight’s episode in the Virtual Theater, plan for the timing of the Door Sequence animation to run its course or advance through the animation and hit pause to get the episode ready before 8PM EDT!) :

However you decide to watch the episode, just remember to have the episode cued up and hit the Play button at 8PM EDT. You don’t want to miss the Moon Men rocking out or the Sandstorm bringing the Deep Hurting! Pizza pizza!

COUNTDOWN TIMER

10 Likes

Again: That picture of the Herc’ up there? That’s me. I’m in that picture. Well pumped.

6 Likes

I knew I recognized him.

3 Likes

So excited for this one! I really like the Herc movies in general, but this one is my favorite of the bunch!

It’s also a source of one of the most iconic nods/in-jokes in MST history!

Let’s do this!

4 Likes

With apologies to the original artist

8 Likes

I’m a little scared that it’s a new moon today. Will Herc be able to discern what these dastardly moon men are up to??

1 Like

I told my dad about the movie tonight and he is now watching it just because :laughing:

5 Likes

@MichaelRobertson - you’ve got another remix.

2 Likes

There’s nothing to get concerned about. It’s just a phase.

4 Likes

I keep thinking it says, “Communist Watch Party”

2 Likes

All right, I’m here….where are these Moon Men I was promised?

2 Likes

COUNTDOWN TIMER

4 Likes

As advertised, this is beautiful.

1 Like

[runs into the room out of breath]

Just in time!

LET’S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

2 Likes

All credit for the delightful thread post must go to the eloquent @optimistie. :point_up_2:

2 Likes

Hi all! I am actually doing this! You guys get me because I’m feeling exceptionally antisocial tonight and just can’t muster up the energy to be social in person.

4 Likes

jackshucks

1 Like

WE’RE THE ANTISOCIAL NETWORK UP IN HERE :smiley:

4 Likes

The event said “spring chic attire.” It’s about 54° and I’m not feeling chic. I’ll make it up to them.

2 Likes

Finally here—what have I missed? Have we already gone around the table, introduced ourselves and picked a favorite animal? As long as I haven’t missed the trust fall, I’m good.

3 Likes