There’s a Patrick Swayze Christmas marathon happening now (Dec 23) on YouTube

9 Likes

I just saw that! I wish they were doing more email blasts these days.

7 Likes

It’s the same as the twitch broadcast.

3 Likes

I don’t use Twitch and I never have. They really need to promote these things better.

4 Likes

Yeah, I was a little miffed that no one had said anything about it.

5 Likes

I don’t know what’s going on. They clearly have someone planning events and making them happen, so why aren’t they publicizing them?

3 Likes

Yeah, there’s a distinct, unnerving silence that just seems to be lingering since around the time the final rewards shipments got out, through the season 14 campaign, till now.

With the Alternaversal offices closing, just really seems like we’re coming to the end of things for now.

6 Likes

They’ll probably announce it when they’re actually showing Christmas episodes.

1 Like

Meh I could see it both ways. Maybe they’re not planning it and just don’t it last minute and the chats seem to be nice. Maybe if they play a new episode, there wouldn’t be such a big freak out.

3 Likes

Regardless of other issues, I love how this marathon is an unapologetic bouillabaisse of the old seasons, the new seasons, The Film Crew, and Cinematic Titanic.

Throw it all at the wall and see what sticks. :dancer: :man_dancing:

confetti holiday party GIF by evite

6 Likes

Yeah, it seems smart to cultivate a twitch/youtube culture. It’s probably the best way to get the word out.

3 Likes

I am tolerating Le Tube’s chat well by being super-free about who I block. If only “normal” Tube allowed me that same freedom.

2 Likes

I always just hide the chat. It’s usually far too fast to keep up with anyway.

5 Likes

I’m all hopped up on goofballs espresso shots right now. :partying_face:

Good Morning Coffee GIF by FC Bayern Basketball

4 Likes

Wow. They’re playing “Icebreaker” right now

5 Likes

I still don’t get the plot after multiple viewings, but Edgewood tries harder than a lot of other bad film generators. I’ll give 'em that. The classical music and some of the scenery are nice, too.

[ETA - I wish someone would edit in Reb Brown yelling on a speeding snowmobile.]

And now I want chicken wings with Spicy Peppercorn Ranch. And I almost never eat wings. Damn it.

2 Likes

It didn’t exist when this episode was shot, but good to see Joel can dab like a champ.

(SoL Hide And Seek count.)

2 Likes

Maybe he invented dabbing and just didn’t tell anyone because he’s that modest! :open_mouth:

2 Likes

But speaking of Patrick Swayze Christmas…there’s a peek at the Road House remake with Jake Gyllenhaal in this 2024 Preview for Prime Video starting at 1:23!

1 Like

The offices closed? What happened?

1 Like